This Program is primarily research-oriented and designed to satisfy the demands of industry for innovative solutions. Apart from course credit requirement, students are required to pursue one full year (two semesters) of research under the guidance of a faculty advisor and submit a master’s thesis in order to obtain their degree of Master of Technology (Information and Communication Technology). It is a two year degree Program. The program curriculum includes a wide range of elective courses along with a few core courses. Courses on Information Technology, Communication Technology, Electronics and Computer Science and Engineering are included in the list of elective courses. This Program is focused to provide a domain capability to each student that allows them to have a meaningful career in industry or academics. Financial support in the form of Teaching Assistantships or Research Assistantships is provided to majority of the students. more...
Master of Science (Information Technology), is an intensive Program designed for students who wish to pursue a professional career in Information Technology. The courses have been carefully designed to guide the student through basic concepts up to current practices in industry. Hands-on laboratory experience is emphasized at every stage of the Program. The students are required to carry out industry internship in the last semester of the Program. At the end of this intensive two-year Program, it is expected that a graduate of the Program will be trained in three important and complementary requirements for a successful IT career. These are a sound theoretical foundation; an ability to analyse, conceptualise and design systems; fluency with modern software design and development tools. With these abilities, a graduate of this Program can expect to build a satisfying career in the challenging field of Information Technology – as software engineer, analyst and system designer. more...
The Master of Science (ICT in Agriculture and Rural Development) Program aims to occupy the unique developmental niche in the field of Agriculture and Sustainable Development in its interface with the Information and Communication Technology through systemic constructive interventions in the field of teaching, training, and action research. Foundation courses include a basic training tool in the ICT, an introduction to development studies, Programs and policies in development and agriculture as well as in ICT. It also offers baskets of specializations through elective courses. The emphasis is on covering the broadest possible range in each of the above and providing the necessary analytical tools. The program thus offers a unique career opportunity to the students that ranges from Agri-business to Commodity Exchanges and from Research to Market Analysis. It would work towards creating catalysts that will bridge the gap between the developmental issues and the ICT interface. more...
- The Master in Design (Communication Design)- M.Des.- program at DA-IICT is a full time two-year program (four semesters) open to graduates in any dis
- The study program aims to develop in students technological proficiency along with the cultural and creative sensibility required for successful communication of ideas and information within specific social contexts.
- Students will learn to create effective solutions for problems of communication, and apply them to deal with the rapidly changing world.
- The program also seeks to respond to the growing need to design information products and services in such a way that they become meaningful links to related knowledge bases.
- Communication designers must look at information as the key to much larger systems of knowledge and be aware of potential applications in domains such as education, culture, society and entertainment.
- There are many institutions that teach multimedia technology in different ways and intensity, but M.Des. program at DA-IICT is distinct in seeking to relate technology with issues of society, culture and design.
- The M.Des. Program at DA-IICT with its unique faculty aims to bring students to an understanding of both the design and aesthetic components of Information Communication Technology (ICT) as well as the social and cultural contexts which give it meaning and relevance.
- To create a unique creative individual who would be capable of using digital technology, (among others) to integrate various channels, forms and media of communication in a culturally sensitive manner that is crucial for meeting the challenges of the modern world.
- To train individuals who are thoughtful, creative and have an understanding of techno- aesthetic. The aim is to produce individuals capable of carving a unique position for themselves in the world of ICT by equipping them with the knowledge of multi-disciplinary approaches to issues of communication.
- To situate ICT in a domain of intellectual engagement that arrives at a more effective understanding of the multiple cultures of communication that hold societies together.
- The training provided at this Institute is aimed not at just providing students with skills required in the market but to make them learn and apply the ever-increasing tools of communication in culturally sensitive ways.
Given the growing and ever changing demands of the market, the program wishes to direct the creative potential of its students to two major areas of specialization viz. ‘Visual Communication Design’ and ‘Interactive Communication Design’. Both areas of specialization would be built upon a strong foundation that will impart training in basic design sensibility, the uses of digital technologies and the cultural and aesthetic components of communication practices. more...