- "The Master in Design (Communication Design)- M.Des.- program at DA-IICT is a full time two-year program (four semesters)".
- The study program aims to develop in students technological proficiency along with the cultural and creative sensibility required for successful communication of ideas and information within specific social contexts.
- Students will learn to create effective solutions for problems of communication, and apply them to deal with the rapidly changing world.
- The program also seeks to respond to the growing need to design information products and services in such a way that they become meaningful links to related knowledge bases.
- Communication designers must look at information as the key to much larger systems of knowledge and be aware of potential applications in domains such as education, culture, society and entertainment
- There are many institutions that teach multimedia technology in different ways and intensity, but M.Des. program at DA-IICT is distinct in seeking to relate technology with issues of society, culture and design.
- The M.Des. Program at DA-IICT with its unique faculty aims to bring students to an understanding of both the design and aesthetic components of Information Communication Technology (ICT) as well as the social and cultural contexts which give it meaning and relevance.
- To create a unique creative individual who would be capable of using digital technology, (among others) to integrate various channels, forms and media of communication in a culturally sensitive manner that is crucial for meeting the challenges of the modern world.
- To train individuals who are thoughtful, creative and have an understanding of techno- aesthetic. The aim is to produce individuals capable of carving a unique position for themselves in the world of ICT by equipping them with the knowledge of multi-disciplinary approaches to issues of communication.
- To situate ICT in a domain of intellectual engagement that arrives at a more effective understanding of the multiple cultures of communication that hold societies together.
- The training provided at this Institute is aimed not at just providing students with skills required in the market but to make them learn and apply the ever-increasing tools of communication in culturally sensitive ways.
Given the growing and ever changing demands of the market, the program wishes to direct the creative potential of its students to two major areas of specialization viz. ‘Visual Communication Design’ and ‘Interactive Communication Design’. Both areas of specialization would be built upon a strong foundation that will impart training in basic design sensibility, the uses of digital technologies and the cultural and aesthetic components of communication practices.
Maximum number of seats available is 20.
Candidates for admission will be selected through an Entrance Test followed by Interviews on 1st week of July 2013 at DA-IICT, Gandhinagar. Final merit list of candidates for admission will be announced after the interview process. It is mandatory to attach a statement with a minimum of 1500 words. This statement must relate to your educational background and experiences in relation to why one is seeking admission in this specific program. You may mention what kind of work you would like to pursue in future as a ‘communication designer’ and why.
Candidates who are deemed eligible for the entrance test should bring a suitable portfolio or sample of work to support their application to the program.
The admit card for the Entrance Test will be sent to the candidates by post by 15th June 2013.
The admission test is conducted with the aim of finding out the design aptitude of the candidate. This will be done through two tests of one hour duration each.
Objective of the test number 1: The candidate’s drawing skills and imaginative visualisation will be tested. The candidate will be given an object for visually representing the object for imaginative application. Here candidate’s drawing skills including human form drawing in proportion will form the criteria.
Objective of the test number 2: In this test candidate’s imaginative ability for finding different uses of a given object and ability to create a story with communication value using the given object as a ‘character’ in the story will be tested. Here the language skills and storytelling ability will form the criteria.
Candidates will be required to submit online (preferably) application form by clicking on the link given below. Admission fee (non-refundable) is Rs. 1000/- for online and Rs.1100/- for offline. The candidates who submit an online admission form are required to send a demand draft of Rs. 1000/- drawn in favour “DA-IICT” and payable at Ahmedabad, to the address given below. Candidates downloading the form and sending it by post have to send a demand draft of Rs. 1100/- in favour of “DA-IICT” and payable at Ahmedabad and attach it with the application form.
Candidates may apply online (preferably) or obtain the application form by downloading on the link given below.
Click here to apply online
Click here to download form
The completed application form along with the statement of purpose, photocopies of your latest mark sheet and degree certificate (if available) of the qualifying degree should be sent by post to DA-IICT at the following address:
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology,
Near Indroda Circle, Gandhinagar – 382 007, Gujarat
Tel: (079) 30520000
Fax: (079) 30520010
Candidate must write his/her name, address, contact number(s), Program name, and application number (if application form has been submitted online) on the reverse side of the bank draft. The institute takes no responsibility for loss of DD in transit.