M.Sc (IT) Admissions
|Online application website opens||17 March 2019|
|Last date for submission of online applications||17 May 2019|
|Entrance test (tentative)||9 June 2019|
|Announcement of Merit List (tentative)||14 June 2019|
|Commencement of academic session||TBD|
The Master of Science (Information Technology) is an intensive two year post-graduate program (4 semesters) designed for students who wish to pursue a professional career in Information Technology. The courses are carefully designed to guide the students through basic concepts to the current practices in industry. Hands-on Laboratory experience is emphasized at every stage of the Program. In the last semester, the students are required to carry out an industry internship. At the end of the Program, it is expected that the students attain a sound theoretical foundation; an ability to analyze, conceptualize and design systems; and competency in modern software design and development tools. A typical graduate in IT at DA-IICT can expect to build a career as a software engineer, an analyst or a system designer.
The M. Sc. (IT) Program follows a full time four-semester pattern and the curriculum consists of three semesters of course work followed by a one-semester project work on a specified topic. There is also a summer internship of duration of four weeks that students need to take up after the second semester and before the start of third semester. The detailed Program structure, Program core courses, specialization core courses and elective courses can be found here.
Total seats: 120
A Bachelor’s degree holder from a recognized University in any stream with an aggregate of 60% marks, or its equivalent as per the norms set by the degree granting institute/university, in the qualifying degree examination is eligible to apply. Candidates appearing in their final Degree examination and expecting to complete it by July 2019 may also apply. However, their final admission will be subject to the condition that they obtain an aggregate of 60% marks, or its equivalent as per the norms set by the degree granting institute/university. All admitted candidates have to submit their degree certificates or proof of completion of Degree, before 30 October 2019 failing which their admission is liable to cancellation.
The decision of the concerned authorities of DA-IICT regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.
At the time of admission an amount of Rs. 95,000/- (Rs. 75,000/- towards Tuition Fee for the First Semester and Rs.20,000/- towards a Caution Deposit) – The registration fee is payable at the time of registration and hostel rent on allotment of the hostel room.
|Tuition fee||Rs. 75,000 per Semester|
|Registration Fee||Rs. 2,500 per Semester|
|Caution Deposit||Rs. 20,000 (Refundable at the end of the program)|
|Hostel Rent||Rs. 18,000 to Rs. 20,000 per semester depending upon the hostel block in which the room is allotted.|
|Food||On actuals. There are multiple food options available in the campus. (Monthly expenses are approximately Rs. 4,000/-)|
*Subject to revision
The candidates are selected through an entrance test to be conducted at selected centers all over the country. The tentative list of centers is: DAIICT Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, New Delhi, Pune, Rajkot, Surat and Udaipur. The final merit list for admission will be prepared on the basis of the aggregate score in the entrance test.
The test will evaluate the candidates on their mathematical aptitude, logical reasoning, basic programming, English Comprehension.
Exam Duration: 90 minutes
Pattern: Multiple-choice answers.
Weightage: sectional weights are as given below:
|Mathematics (10+2 standard)||30%|
|Quantitative aptitude and Logical Reasoning||20%|
Negative Marking: There will be no section wise cutoffs. However, a candidate should have a positive score in each section to be eligible to be included in the final merit list.
Mathematics (10+2 standard): Mathematics (10+2 standard): Algebra – Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, simultaneous linear/quadratic equations, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem; Basic Discrete Mathematics – Functions, Sets and Relations; Permutations and combinations, Mathematical Induction, and Basic Probability; Calculus – Limits, Differentiation, and simple examples of maxima and minima.
Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning: Questions drawn from Mathematics upto 10th standard and logical reasoning.
C Programming: Basic Data Types, Language Control Structures, Arrays, Functions, Pointers, Dynamic Allocation of Memory, Structs, Recursion, Parameter passing and Scope.
How to apply
- Candidates submit online application by clicking on the link given below. Application fee (non-refundable) is Rs. 1200/- (Rupees One thousand two hundred only). Click here to apply online.
- The Candidate has to satisfy the eligibility criteria in order for her/his application to be considered for final admission.
- Eligible Candidates have to appear for Entrance Test conducted at selected centers in the country. The online application procedure will guide you through the necessary procedures for application fee payment, registering for entrance test, choosing test center.
- Final merit list for admission is prepared based on the aggregate score in the entrance test. The top 120 scorers are offered confirmed admission and there will be a waitlist. The candidates who have been offered confirmed admission will be given five days’ time to accept the admission offer by paying the relevant fees. If a candidate fails to pay the fees within the stipulated period, the offer of admission will stand withdrawn and the eligible candidate on the waiting list will be offered admission and she/he will be given five days’ time to pay the fees and accept the offer of admission.
- The candidates who have accepted admission offers will be notified to appear for registration, followed by counseling, document verification, payment of fees and on confirmation of admission, the orientation program.
Final merit list of confirmed and wait-list candidates based on their performance in the entrance examination will be posted on the website of Institute. Offer/intimation letter for admission will be sent by the institute through post and/or email to candidates accordingly.
In case of tie, the marks in Information Technology section and logical ability section in the entrance examination will be considered in order to break the tie. If the tie still remains, then the marks in 10+2 and 10th Examination, will be given consideration in order to break the tie.
Phone: (079) 68261575/6 (Available Mon–Fri 9:00 am – 6:00 pm)