M.Tech. in (EC) in collaboration with C.R.Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science(C. R. Rao AIMSCS), Hyderabad – Admissions
|Online application website opens||18 February 2020|
|Last date for submission of online applications||30 April 2020|
|Announcement of first merit list for Admissions||08 June 2020|
|Commencement of academic session||21 July 2020|
This program is offered jointly by CR Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science (AIMSCS), Hyderabad and DA-IICT where the Degree will be awarded by the DA-IICT. The students admitted to the program would study their first two semesters at DA-IICT. They will have an option to pursue the studies of the third and the fourth semester either at DA-IICT or at CR Rao AIMSCS, Hyderabad based on their research interest. The Third semester would be primarily consisting of the M.Tech. thesis preliminaries with a maximum of one course to study.
MTech in EC with Specialization in Wireless Communication and Embedded Systems is a full-time two-year (four semesters) program.The program has been designed jointly at DA-IICT and C.R. Rao AIMSCS in the area of wireless communication and embedded systems. On successful completion of the program a student will be able to contribute to advanced wireless communication system, including 5G systems, cognitive and collaborative communication, satellite communication, embedded systems, IoT and sensor networks etc.
The program aim also includes initiation and development of research projects on wireless communication systems in collaboration with leading industry, Research and Development organization and academic institutions. The selected candidates will be required to spend the first two semesters at DA-IICT campus at Gandhinagar, where they will take the core and elective courses. For the compulsory year long thesis work, the students based on their research interest can carry on the research work at CR Rao AIMSCS or DA-IICT. The degree will be awarded by DA-IICT.
The Program requires every student to take five core courses in the first semester, four core courses and an elective in the second semester, and one elective subject in the third semester. The core courses are mandatory. In the second and the third semester, the student will have an adequate choice of electives in order to dwell deeper into areas of her/his research interest, or go beyond one’s own specialization.
The students admitted to the program would study their first two semesters at DA-IICT. They will have an option to pursue the studies of the third and the fourth semester either at DA-IICT or at CR Rao Institute based on their research interest. In the second year, a student will also pursue research (over the third and the fourth semesters), leading to a master’s thesis.
The detailed program structure, including the core courses, and elective courses can be found here.
18 (Eighteen) (Regular) + 5 (Five) Sponsored = 23 (Total).
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure:
( ✓:required, ✗:Not required )
|B.E (First Class) or equivalent in EC or equivalent with consistent good academic records.||✓||✓|
|GATE qualified in EC||✓||✗|
|Minimum 2 years of work experience in Government organizations and/or PSUs||✗||✓|
|Final Selection based on personal interview with short-listed candidates||✓||✓|
|Number of Seats||18||5*|
*Subject to change, provided the Government of India & Public Sector R&D institutions and institutions with whom MoUs are signed, sponsor candidates.
- Sponsored Candidates are from the Institutes that have Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with DA-IICT or CR Rao AIMSCS, or from government organizations, Indian research and development Institutes or leading PSUs.
- Candidates appearing in their final degree examination and expecting to complete it by July 2020 may also apply. However, their final admission will be subject to the condition that they obtain first class, or its equivalent as per the norms set by the degree granting Institute/University. All admitted candidates have to submit their degree certificates or proof of completion of degree, before 30 October 2020 failing which their admission is liable to cancellation.
Stipend of Rs. 12,400/- (Rupees Twelve thousand four hundred only) as per UGC norms will be provided to all the admitted candidates under regular category.
At the time of admission an amount of Rs. 84,500/- (Rs. 64,500/- towards Tuition Fee for the First Semester and Rs. 20,000/- towards Caution Deposit) is to paid. The registration fee is payable at the time of registration and hostel rent on allotment of the hostel room.
|Tuition fee||Rs. 64,500 per Semester|
|Registration Fee||Rs. 2,500 per Semester|
|Caution Deposit||Rs. 20,000 (Refundable at the end of the program)|
|Hostel Rent||Rs. 18,000 to Rs. 20,000 per semester depending upon the hostel block in which the room is allotted|
|Food||On actuals. There are multiple food options available in the campus (The expense will be approximately Rs.5,500 per month)|
*Subject to revision
The Institute will facilitate the students to avail educational loan from selected Banks. The bank officials will be present on campus at the time of registration of admitted students so as to enable the students to obtain details on procedures and terms and conditions of the loan. The students can also avail loan from banks of their choice and in either of the case; the Institute will extend support in completing the loan documentation process.
The refund policy for the withdrawing candidates will be in accordance with the UGC/AICTE rules.
Application Procedure and Selection Process
- Submit online application form by clicking on the link given below. Application fee (non-refundable) is Rs. 1200/- plus GST@ 18%. Click here to apply online.
- The Candidate has to satisfy the eligibility criteria in order for her/his application to be considered for admission.
- Admissions will be offered to candidates based on a Merit list. The merit ranking of candidates with GATE score of 425 or above will be on the basis of GATE score only. The candidates with GATE score less than 425 may be asked to appear for an interview at DA-IICT in person. Ranking of such candidates will be based on the GATE score and performance in the interview. For candidates applying under the sponsored category, admissions will be offered solely based on an interview conducted at DA-IICT.
- Counseling will be done online. Applicants are advised, from the date of announcement of first merit list, to check for e-mail communications from email@example.com to know about their application status and the steps they need to take to continue with the counseling process.
- The candidates who have accepted admission offers will be notified to appear for registration, document verification, and on confirmation of admission, the orientation program.
Phone: (079) 68261700/575/576 (Available Mon–Fri 9:00 am – 6:00 pm)