M.Tech. (ICT) Admissions
Admission for the academic year 2019-20 is now closed.
Check your DA-IICT MTech application status by clicking here
|Online application website opens||17 March 2019|
|Last date for submission of online applications (Revised)||22 May 2019 (till 6 PM IST)|
|Announcement of Merit list for Admissions||29 May 2019|
|Last date for fees payment for confirmed candidates in current round||12 July 2019|
|Announcement of updated Merit list after current round with list of confirmed candidates for Admission in next round||16 July 2019|
|Registration for Fresh PG Students||23 July 2019|
|Orientation of Fresh PG Students||24 – 26 July 2019|
|Commencement of Classes||29 July 2019|
*Interview of candidates with GATE score less than 425 will be conducted based on the availability of vacancy.
Master of Technology in Information and Communication Technology – M.Tech. (ICT) is a full-time two-year (four semesters) program. The program has been specially designed to meet the increasing needs of professionals who would be able to respond to the convergence between computers and communication systems. The program aims to provide exposure to students who wish to build a professional career in ICT, working at the intersection of technology, research, and development in the areas of Machine Intelligence, Data Analytics; Intelligent Systems; Cyber Security; Distributed Computing; Software Engineering; Natural Language Processing; Image Processing; Computer Vision; Speech Communication; RF and Antenna Theory,; Signal Processing; Wireless Systems; LTE, 5G Technology and MIMO channel; Embedded Systems; VLSI Subsystem Design; FPGA, Low-power VLSI Design and Nano electronics. The Program curriculum includes four specializations tracks that provide a strong foundation and advanced courses in each track. This program tries to leverage the strength and diversity of our faculty and currently offers the following specialization tracks:
- Software Systems
- Machine Learning
- VLSI and Embedded Systems
- Communication and Signal Processing
The specializations offered by this Program are different in a qualitative way from the specializations offered in other institutions. Apart from courses, students are required to pursue one full year (two semesters) of research under the guidance of a faculty advisor and submit a master’s thesis in order to obtain the degree of M.Tech. (ICT) specializing in the respective track. On successful completion of the program, the students will be able to acquire essential technical and practical knowledge for solving real-world problems in the ICT domain using modern technologies and tools and will have the ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and logical problem-solving skills which may bridge the digital divide between urban and rural worlds.
The Program requires every student to take Program core courses and a minimum number of Specialization core courses and elective courses out of the courses available in the different specialized areas and to submit a thesis based on the research work done by the student. Program Core courses are foundational and compulsory to all students. Specialization core courses will provide breadth as well as depth in acquiring domain knowledge in respective specialization. Subsequently, the student will have an adequate choice of electives in order to dwell deeper into areas of her/his research interest, or go beyond one’s own specialization. In the second year, a student will also pursue research for one year (two semesters), leading to a master’s thesis. The detailed Program structure, Program core courses, Specialization core courses, and Elective courses can be found here
Total seats: 64
Note: The institute can also admit a few candidates sponsored by the organization/institution with which DA-IICT has signed a MoU satisfying the admission criteria of the MTech program specified in the MoU.
- A candidate with a qualifying Degree in any one of the following:
- B.E./B.Tech. Degree in ICT or allied disciplines such as CS/EE/EC
- M.Sc. degree in Computer Science / Electronics / Mathematics / Statistics.
- M.S./M.Sc. Degree of DA-IICT.
- M.C.A. Degree (3 year program)
- The aggregate marks in the qualifying Degree should be 60% or equivalent as per the norms set by the Degree awarding Institute/University.
- Possession of a valid GATE score in CS / EC / EE / MA / ST.
Candidates appearing in their final degree examination and expecting to complete it by July 2019 may also apply. However, their final admission will be subject to the condition that they obtain an aggregate of 60% marks, or its equivalent as per the norms set by the degree granting Institute/University. All admitted candidates have to submit their degree certificates or proof of completion of degree, before 30 October 2019 failing which their admission is liable to cancellation.
Specialization-wise Intake and Eligibility criteria
|Specialization||Intake||Eligible GATE discipline|
|Software System||20||GATE in CS|
|Machine Learning||20||GATE in CS, EC, EE, MA, ST|
|VLSI and Embedded
|12||GATE in EC, EE|
|12||GATE in EC, EE|
The decision of the concerned authorities of DA-IICT regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.
Admission to M. Tech. (ICT) is open to those who have a valid GATE score in the disciplines of Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC), Electrical Engineering (EE), Computer Science and Information Technology (CS), Mathematics (MA) and Statistics (ST) only.
Creation of merit list
- Ranking of candidates with GATE score of 425 or above will be on the basis of GATE score only.
- Candidates with GATE score less than 425 will be required to appear for an interview at DA-IICT in person. Ranking of such candidates will be based on the GATE score and performance in the interview. Shortlisting for interview will be on the basis of GATE score.
The final rank in the merit list will be prepared by appending list b) to list a). Admission to the program and allocation of specialization will be solely on the basis of candidates’ rank in the merit list. The candidates can give up to two preferred specializations based on their eligibility conditions. Counseling for allotment of the specialization will be done online. Applicants are advised, from the date of announcement of first merit list, to check for e-mail communications from the Institute to learn about the admission status and steps they need to take to continue with the counseling process.
At the time of admission an amount of Rs. 84,500/- (Rs. 64,500/- towards Tuition Fee for the First Semester and Rs. 20,000/- towards Caution Deposit) is to paid. The registration fee is payable at the time of registration and hostel rent on allotment of the hostel room.
|Tuition fee||Rs. 64,500 per Semester|
|Registration Fee||Rs. 2,500 per Semester|
|Caution Deposit||Rs. 20,000 (Refundable at the end of the program)|
|Hostel Rent||Rs. 18,000 to Rs. 20,000 per semester depending upon the hostel block in which the room is allotted|
|Food||On actuals. There are multiple food options available in the campus (The expense will be approximately Rs. 4,000 per month)|
*Subject to revision
All admitted students would be eligible for a monthly stipend of Rs. 12400/- in the form of Teaching Assistants in the first semester. In subsequent semesters, the continuation would depend on their satisfying the academic requirements.
How to apply
- Submit online application form by clicking on the link given below. Application fee (non-refundable) is Rs. 1200/- (Rupees One thousand two hundred only). Click here to apply online.
- The Candidate has to satisfy the eligibility criteria in order for her/his application to be considered for admission.
- The merit list for admission will be prepared on the basis of personal interview and/or GATE score of candidates applying for admission. Counseling for allotment of specialization will be done online.
- The candidates who have accepted admission offers will be notified to appear for registration, followed by counseling, document verification, payment of fees and on confirmation of admission, the orientation program
- Counseling will be done online. Applicants are advised, from the date of announcement of first merit list, to check for e-mail communications from email@example.com to know about the specialization allotted to them and the steps they need to take to continue with the counseling process.
Phone: (079) 68261575/6 (Available Mon–Fri 9:00 am – 6:00 pm)