M.Tech. (ICT) Admissions
M Tech (ICT) counseling – Click here
|Online application website opens||18 February 2020|
|Last date for submission of online applications (revised)||10 June 2020|
|Announcement of first merit list for Admissions||15 June 2020|
|Commencement of academic session||To be Announced|
M. Tech. (ICT) is a full-time two-year (four semesters) program, which focuses on a particular choice of specialization while encouraging interdisciplinary study and research. The following four specializations are on offer: (a) Software Systems, (b) VLSI & Embedded Systems, (c) Communications & Signal Processing, and (d) Machine Learning.
Master of Technology in Information and Communication Technology – M.Tech. (ICT) is a full-time two-year (four semesters) program. The program has been specially designed to meet the increasing needs of professionals who would be able to respond to the convergence between computers and communication systems. The program aims to provide exposure to students who wish to build a professional career in ICT, working at the intersection of technology, research, and development. The program curriculum includes four specializations tracks that provide a strong foundation and advanced courses in each track. This program tries to leverage the strength and diversity of our faculty and currently offers the following specialization tracks:
- Software Systems
- VLSI and Embedded Systems
- Communication and Signal Processing
- Machine Learning
The specializations offered by this Program are different in a qualitative way from the specializations offered in other institutions. Apart from courses, students are required to pursue one full year (two semesters) of research under the guidance of a faculty advisor and submit a master’s thesis in order to obtain the degree of M.Tech. (ICT) specializing in the respective track. On successful completion of the program, the students will be able to acquire essential technical and practical knowledge for solving real-world problems in the ICT domain using modern technologies and tools and will have the ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and logical problem-solving skills which may bridge the digital divide between urban and rural worlds.
The Program requires every student to take Program core courses and a minimum number of Specialization core courses and elective courses out of the courses available in the different specialized areas and to submit a thesis based on the research work done by the student. Program Core courses are foundational and compulsory to all students. Specialization core courses will provide breadth as well as depth in acquiring domain knowledge in respective specialization. Subsequently, the student will have an adequate choice of electives in order to dwell deeper into areas of her/his research interest, or go beyond one’s own specialization. In the second year, a student will also pursue research for one year (two semesters), leading to a master’s thesis. The detailed Program structure, Program core courses, Specialization core courses, and Elective courses can be found here
Number of seats: 64 (see distribution below)
Note: The institute can also admit a few candidates sponsored by the organization / institute with which DA-IICT has signed a MoU satisfying the admission criteria of the MTech program specified in the MoU.
- A candidate with a qualifying Degree in any one of the following:
- B.E./B.Tech. Degree in ICT or allied disciplines such as CS/EE/EC/IN/IT
- M.Sc. degree in Computer Science / Electronics / Mathematics / Physics / Statistics.
- M.S./M.Sc. degree of DA-IICT.
- M.C.A. degree (3 year program)
- The aggregate marks in the qualifying degree should not be less than 60% or equivalent as per the norm set by the degree awarding Institute/University.
- Possession of a valid GATE score in a discipline specific to the specialization as mentioned in the following table:.
|Specialization||GATE Discipline||Number of seats in Thesis Mode|
|VLSI and Embedded Systems||ECE/EE||12|
|Communication & Signal Processing||ECE/EE||12|
Candidates appearing in their final degree examination and expecting to complete it by July 2020 may also apply. However, their final admission will be subject to the condition that they obtain an aggregate of 60% marks, or its equivalent as per the norms set by the degree granting Institute/University. All admitted candidates have to submit their degree certificates or proof of completion of degree, before 30 October 2020 failing which their admission is liable to cancellation.
The decision of the concerned authorities of DA-IICT regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.
Admission to M. Tech. (ICT) is open to those who have a valid GATE score in the disciplines of Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC), Electrical Engineering (EE), Computer Science and Information Technology (CS), Mathematics (MA) and Statistics (ST) only. The merit ranking of candidates with GATE score of 425 or above will be on the basis of GATE score only. The candidates with GATE score less than 425 may be asked to appear for an interview at DA-IICT in person. Ranking of such candidates will be based on the GATE score and performance in the interview. The candidates can give up to two preferred specializations based on their eligibility conditions. Counseling for allotment of the specialization will be done online. Applicants are advised, from the date of announcement of first merit list, to check for e-mail communications from the Institute to learn about the admission status and steps they need to take to continue with the counseling process.
At the time of admission an amount of Rs. 84,500/- (Rs. 64,500/- towards Tuition Fee for the First Semester and Rs.20,000/- towards Caution Deposit) is to paid. The registration fee is payable at the time of registration and hostel rent on allotment of the hostel room.
|Tuition fee||Rs. 64,500 per Semester|
|Registration Fee||Rs. 2,500 per Semester|
|Caution Deposit||Rs. 20,000 (Refundable at the end of the program)|
|Hostel Rent||Rs. 18,000 to Rs. 20,000 per semester depending upon the hostel block in which the room is allotted|
|Food||On actuals. There are multiple food options available in the campus (The expense will be approximately Rs. 5,500 per month)|
*Subject to revision
The Institute will facilitate the students to avail educational loan from selected Banks. The bank officials will be present on campus at the time of registration of admitted students so as to enable the students to obtain details on procedures and terms and conditions of the loan. The students can also avail loan from banks of their choice and in either of the case; the Institute will extend support in completing the loan documentation process.
All admitted students would be eligible for a monthly stipend of Rs. 12400/- in the form of Teaching Assistants in the first semester. In subsequent semesters, the continuation would depend on their satisfying the academic requirements.
The refund policy for the withdrawing candidates will be in accordance with the UGC/AICTE rules.
How to apply
- Submit online application form by clicking on the link given below. Application fee (non-refundable) is Rs. 1200/- plus GST@ 18%. Click here to apply online.
- The Candidate has to satisfy the eligibility criteria in order for her/his application to be considered for admission.
- The merit list for admissions will be prepared on the basis of the GATE score, and/or a personal interview if required,of the candidates applying for admission. Counseling for the allotment of specialization will take place online.
- The candidates who have accepted admission offers will be notified to appear for registration, followed by counseling, document verification, and on confirmation of admission, the orientation program.
- Counseling will be done online. Applicants are advised, from the date of announcement of first merit list, to check for e-mail communications from firstname.lastname@example.org to know about the specialization allotted to them and the steps they need to take to continue with the counseling process.
A Note on the Choice of Specializations
- The candidates are requested to carefully go through the curriculum of the individual specializations before filling their choice(s) of specialization. Once the form is submitted, the candidates will not have the option to alter their choice.
- The candidates can specify up to two choices of specialization depending on their eligibility. If the candidate is offered admission in his/her second choice of specialization, he/she remains wait-listed in his/her first choice of specialization. This process continues until all the seats are filled. If the candidate is offered admission in his/her first choice of specialization, he/she does not remain in the wait-list in his/her second choice of specialization.
- After the admission process is concluded, no further change in specializations would be possible throughout the duration of the program.
Phone: (079) 68261700/575/576 (Available Mon–Fri 9:00 am – 6:00 pm)