Undergraduate Admissions – All India Category
|Filling of online Application Forms commences on||29 April 2019|
|On-line application closes on||28 June 2019|
|Announcement of First Merit List||5 July 2019|
|Last Date of Fees Payment for shortlisted candidates||12 July 2019|
|Registration for Fresh B Tech Students (All India)||29 July 2019|
|Orientation of Fresh B Tech Students||31 July – 2 August 2019|
|Commencement of Classes of First year UG Batch and Last Day for Late Registration for Returning Students||05 August 2019|
Number of seats: 126
- B.Tech (Information and Communication Technology (ICT)) – 101
- B.Tech (Honours) in ICT with minor in Computational Science – 25
The minimum academic qualification for admission to the programs is that the candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination (mentioned below). The candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and any one of Chemistry/Bio-technology/Computer Science/Biology. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in 2019 are also eligible to apply for consideration of provisional admission. All candidates who are offered provisional admission will be required to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 examination or equivalent) to the Institute latest by 30 October 2019, failing which the provisional admission will stand, cancelled. If the candidate is found ineligible at a later date, even after admission to DA-IICT, her/his admission will be cancelled. All admissions will be subject to verification of facts from the original testimonials/certificates/documents of the candidates. The decision of the Competent Authority at DA-IICT regarding eligibility shall be final.
A list of qualifying examinations is given below:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 year duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/ Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Date of Birth
Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01 October 1994 are eligible to apply. Date of birth as recorded in the 10th or 12th standard certificate, as issued by the Board/University only, will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of counseling.
Admission to the B. Tech. programs will be based on the All India Rank of Joint Entrance Examination 2019 (JEE-2019) Main, which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), Government of India. Candidates who are appearing for JEE 2019 Main can only apply for the programs.
The short-listed candidates will be offered admission (confirmed/waitlisted) in order of their merit (based on the All India Ranking of JEE 2019).
At the time of counseling an amount of Rs.1,06,000/- (Rs.86,000/- towards Tuition Fee for the First Semester and Rs.20,000/- towards Caution Deposit) is to be paid. Subsequently, fees are charged semester-wise, with the registration at the beginning of each semester.
|Tuition Fee||Rs.86,000/- per Semester|
|Registration Fee||Rs.2,500 per Semester|
|Caution Deposit||Rs.20,000/- (Refundable at the end of the Program)|
|Hostel Rent||Rs.18,000/- or Rs.20,000/- per Semester depending upon the hostel allotted|
|Food||As per actual, as charged by the food court units/cafeteria. (These expenses will be approximately Rs.4,000/- – Rs.5000/- per month)|
*Subject to revision
The Institute provides financial support in the form of scholarships to eligible students as per details given below:
DA-IICT Merit and Merit-cum-Means Scholarships
A few students admitted to the programs are awarded merit scholarships equivalent to full tuition fees. The Institute shall draw a list of students eligible for merit scholarship based on the admission ranks drawn from Gujarat and All India Categories separately.
The Merit-cum-Means Scholarships are offered to five students in each semester based on their academic performance and subject to a means test.
Mukhya Mantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojna, Government of Gujarat
The admitted B.Tech students are encouraged to apply for the ‘Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme’ of the Government of Gujarat. The Scheme provides financial support to bright and needy students.
How to Apply
- Please submit online application form by clicking on the link given below. Application fee (non-refundable) is Rs.1200/- (Rupees One thousand two hundred only). Click here to apply online.
- The Candidate has to satisfy the eligibility criteria in order for her/his application to be considered for final admission.
- The admission to the candidates to the programs will be based on the All India Rank of Joint Entrance Examination 2019 (JEE-2019) Main which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), Government of India. Candidates who are appearing for JEE 2019 Main can only apply for the programs.
- The short-listed candidates, based on the All India Ranking of JEE 2019, will be offered admission (confirmed/waitlisted) in order of their merit (based on the All India Ranking of JEE 2019). Counselling will be done online. Applicants are advised, from the date of announcement of first merit list, to check for e-mail communications from the Institute to learn about the admission status and steps they need to take to continue with the counselling process.
- The candidates who have accepted admission offers will be asked to appear for registration and document verification. Subsequent to this there will be orientation for those who have been given confirmed admission.
Address for Correspondence
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology
Near Indroda Circle
Gandhinagar – 382 007, Gujarat, India.
Phone: (079) 68261575/6 (Available Mon–Fri 9:00 am – 6:00 pm)
The information on admissions 2019 provided are to inform the prospective candidates about the programs and activities of DA-IICT and are subject to change from time to time.
The candidates will be bound by the rules and regulations of the Institute as applicable during their course of study at DA-IICT. Students who have failed to achieve the minimum required academic performance at the end of second or fourth semester shall be discontinued from the Institute. Disputes, if any, relating to admission shall be subject to Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India jurisdiction only.