Internal Quality Assurance Cell at DAIICT
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Quality enhancement is a continuous process and hence IQAC is expected to be an important part of the system. It works towards enhancement and sustenance of the entire institute. IQAC is expected to help the institute to realize the goals to become an institute of excellence. The focus of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious and consistent improvement in the performance of the institute. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions
The objectives of the IQAC
- Ensuring a continuous improvement in the operation, both academic and administrative, of the Institute
- Obtaining continuous and useful feedback from all stakeholders of the institute. Stake holders include faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, employers and funding agencies.
- Developing quality bench marks / parameters for the various Academic and Administrative activities of the Institute.
- Exploring various quality parameters of Higher Education and best practices followed by other Institutions and implemented those in the institute
- Preparing Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR).
Functions of IQAC
- Assess the goals and objectives of the Institute as stated in vision and mission.
- Develop a prospective plan for the Institute for Quality Improvement by making action plan in the following areas:
- Teaching learning process
- Student support
- Research and Development
- Retaining and attracting the faculty
- Make resolutions and frame policies and plans pertaining to the above mentioned quality improvement.
- Evaluate and Monitor the resolutions passed and framed policies.
- Assess the feedback or the stakeholder for the taking corrective measures and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the Institutional process.
- Monitor the academic leadership and faculty participation in various functional committees.
- Assess the management of human resources.
- Make strategies to empower faculty.
- Monitor the effective use of financial resources and financials management.
Take inputs from the External experts/Industry experts and incorporate the same in Institutional development process.
Members of IQAC
|Dr. K.S. Dasgupta||Director, DAIICT – Chairman IQAC|
|Prof. Anil Roy||DA-IICT, Director IQAC|
|Prof. Suman Mitra||Dean-AP, DAIICT, Member|
|Mr. Suresh Rangachar||Reliance ADA, Member|
|Prof. Sanjeev Gupta||Dean R&D, DAIICT, Member|
|Prof. Ranendu Ghosh||Dean Students, DAIICT, Member|
|Prof. Sanjay Srivastava||Convenor, Alumni Board, DAIICT, Member|
|Prof. Asim Banerjee||Convenor, Placement Committee, DAIICT, Member|
|Mr. Soman Nair||Executive Registrar, DAIICT, Member|
|Mr. Hasendrasinh Jhala||Head – HR, DAIICT, Member|
|Mr. Anamitra Das||TCS, Gandhinagar, Member, Industry Representative|
|Mr. Swapnil Khandelwal||Member, Alumni Representative|
|Ms. Anupama Panchal||Member, Alumni Representative|
|Mr. Roghuvir Songhela||Member, Alumni Representative|
|Mr. Samarth Parikh||DAIICT, Student Member|
|Mr. Bhargav Makwana||DAIICT, Student Member|
- Minutes of the meeting held on 20th March, 2018
To be submitted by the end of March 2018