05 June, 2020
Institute Post-doctoral Fellow Positions
DAIICT has a vibrant research community in the field of Information and Communication Technology. The purpose of the post-doctoral positions is to allow highly motivated fresh PhD graduates to engage in research activities in collaboration with Institute faculty. The post-doctoral fellowships are not intended for PhD graduates of DAIICT.
We are currently seeking post-doctoral candidates in the following three areas of special interest:
- Wireless Communications and Embedded systems
5G and 6G communication, Mixed signal VLSI design, Robotics
- AI and ML
Data science, NLP, Adversarial ML, Computational Statistics, HPC, Parallel Processing
- Information Security
Cryptography, Hardware security, Blockchain security
Successful candidates are expected to associate with one or more research teams exploring cutting-edge problems in the above areas.
- Post-docs will be expected to contribute significantly towards enhancing Institute’s publication outputs in top-tier conferences/workshops/journals.
- Post-docs will be encouraged to assist faculty in activities such as grant writing and conducting tutorials/practicals.
- Post-docs will also be eligible to serve as co-guide for PG project/thesis.
- A consolidated fellowship of Rs 75,000 per month with revision after one year based on performance appraisal
- Medical insurance and other facilities (as per Institute norms)
- Travel and contingency support up to Rs 1 lakh per year to present/publish research papers(as per Institute norms)
Tenure of appointment
- The post-doc position is on a contractual basis for a maximum period of two years. However, extension for another year may be considered for candidates who have shown exceptional performance during the first two years.
- Evaluation will be carried out at least once a year, based on publication outputs (quality and quantity).
- Candidates must have a PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or an allied discipline, from a reputed institution.
- Candidates should apply within 6 months of obtaining their PhD degree. Those candidates who have submitted their thesis, but not completed defense, can also be considered.
- The candidate should have at least two first-authored publications in top-tier journals/conferences in the above mentioned areas of special interest.
- Strong background in mathematics, statistics, optimization, programming
- Prior experience in writing grant proposals with a mentor
- Worked as a teaching assistant in UG/PG courses
Interested candidates may apply by email by sending the following documents to
- A covering letter mentioning your research interests.
- A detailed CV including a complete list of publications, names, and contact information of two referees.
- A statement of research interests not exceeding 2-3 pages (including bibliography and figures). The statement should include a short proposal of your proposed research project with a clear problem statement, its significance, and your approach and methodology.
- Applications would be considered throughout the year.
- Candidates who are short-listed based on the quality of their CV and research statement would be interviewed before the final selection is made.