PhD (Electrical Engineering), University of Malaya, Malaysia
- # 4111, FB-4, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India – 382007
Dr. Ahlad Kumar has joined DAIICT in July 2019. He has served as the postdoctoral fellow in Concordia University, Montreal, Canada. Dr. Kumar won the prestigious Horizon Postdoctoral Fellowship at Concordia University, Canada in 2017. This enabled him to join Concordia University on March 2017 for a two-year period as a postdoctoral research scholar in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Dr. Kumar has focused on the development and implementation of new image priors that can provide elegant solutions for the estimation of point spread functions solving the highly ill-posed inverse problem of image restoration.
Dr. Kumar holds a Ph.D. from the University of Malaya, Malaysia in 2016. His research area includes image denoising, low voltage analog, and mixed-signal design. He has published and reviewed several papers in International Journals & Conferences. Dr.Kumar has received the gold medal for his performance during M. Tech (VLSI) from ABV-Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior in 2007. He received the B.Tech degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Jamia MilliaIslamia in 2005.
SpecializationsImage Processing, CMOS Analog Design and Deep Learning
- Ahlad Kumar, M. Omair Ahmad, and M. N. S. Swamy, Tchebichef and Adaptive Steerable Based Total Variation Model for Image Denoising, IEEE Transactions on Image Process- ing, vol. 28, Issue 6, pp. 2921 – 2935, Impact Factor: 5.071
- Ahlad Kumar, M. Omair Ahmad, and M. N. S. Swamy, Image Denoising Framework via First and Second order Fractional Overlapping Group Sparsity (F-OLGS) Regularizer, IEEE Access, Vol. 7, pp. 26200 – 26217, Impact Factor: 3.557.
- Ahlad Kumar, M. Omair Ahmad, and M. N. S. Swamy, Image Denoising via Overlapping Group Sparsity using Orthogonal moments as similarity measure, ISA Transactions, Vol. 85, pp. 293-304, Impact Factor: 3.37.
- Kumar, Ahlad, M. Omair Ahmad, and M. N. S. Swamy, An efficient denoising framework using weighted overlapping group sparsity, Information Sciences, 2018, Vol.454-455, pp. 292-311, Impact Factor: 4.305.
- Ahlad Kumar, MohdFikree Hassan and P. Raveendran. ”Learning based restoration of Gaussian blurred images using weighted geometric moments and cascaded digital filters.” Applied Soft Computing, 2018, Vol. 63, pp.124-138, Impact Factor: 3.907.
- Ahlad Kumar, Deblurring of motion blurred images using histogram of oriented gradients and geometric moments, Signal Processing: Image Communication, 2017, Vol. 55, pp.55- 65, Impact Factor: 2.244.
- Ahlad Kumar, Raveendran Paramesran, Chern Loon Lim, Sarat C Dass, Tchebichefmoment based restoration of Gaussian blurred images, Applied Optics, 2016, Vol.55, Issue 32, pp. 9006-9016, Impact Factor: 1.65.
- Vijeta Khare, Shivakumara Palaiahnakote, Ahlad Kumar, Chee Seng Chan, Tong Lu, Michael Blumenstein, A Quad Tree Based Method for Blurred and Non-Blurred Video Text Frames Classification through Quality Metrics, 23rd International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), IEEE.
- Ahlad Kumar, Non-local means image denoising using orthogonal moments, Applied Optics, 2015, Vol. 54, Issue no.27, pp. 8156-8165, Impact Factor: 1.65.
Ahlad Kumar, Stability of a Two Stage OpampA New Perspective, IETE Journal of Research, Taylor and Francis, 2015, Vol.56, no. 2, pp. 71-75.
- Ahlad Kumar, CMOS implementation of digital filters for signal processing applications, IET Circuits, Devices and Systems, 2015, Vol. 9, Issue 4, pp. 290-298, Impact Factor: 1.092.
- Ahlad Kumar, A 97dB 400MHz Rail to Rail Fully Differential Opamp based on Split Length FGMOS-MOS Cell, Springer Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, 2014, Vol.80, Issue 2, pp-305-314, Impact Factor: 0.8.
- Ahlad Kumar, Raveendran Paramesran, Geometric moment extraction equipment for im- age processing applications, Review of Scientific Instruments, 2014, Vol.85, Issue No.4, Impact Factor: 1.428.
- Ahlad Kumar, Raveendran Paramesran, Moment domain representation of nonblind im- age deblurring, Applied Optics, 2014, Vol. 53, Issue No.10, pp.167-171, Impact Factor: 1.65.
- Ahlad Kumar, Split length FGMOS MOS cell: a new block for low voltage applications, Springer Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, 2013, Vol.79, Issue no. 3, pp-399-405, Impact Factor: 0.8.
- Ahlad Kumar, 0.8V High Performance OTA Using Flipped Voltage Follower, Journal of Active and Passive Electronics Devices, 2013, Vol. 8, no. 1, pp-1-17.
- Ahlad Kumar, A High Performance Current Mirror for Low Voltage Mixed Mode Design, Journal of Active and Passive Electronics Devices, 2013, Vol. 8, no. 4, pp-283-293.
- Ahlad Kumar, G.K Sharma, Bulk Driven Circuits for Low Voltage Applications, Journal of Active and Passive Electronics Devices, 2009, Vol. 4, no.3, pp-237-245.
- Digital Signal Processing
- Signals and Systems
- CMOS Analog Design
- Digital Image Processing