Alka Parikh is a gold medalist in MA (Economics) from Mumbai University and holds PhD degree from Department of Agriculture and Allied Economics, Cornell University, USA. She has worked in TISS, Mumbai, Mumbai School of Economics and Public Policy and at present is a Professor at DAIICT, Gandhinagar. She has been adjudged as one of the best professors in all the places where she has taught. Her research addresses various aspects of economic development, including agriculture, poverty, employment, food and water security. She also gives her time to NGOs like Utthan (Ahmedabad) and Uplift (Pune) to further her commitment to the field.
SpecializationsDevelopment Economics (concentrating mainly on rural development), Agriculture Economics
- Alka Parikh: Development Trajectories: A Brief Insight into Paths of Development. Springer, forthcoming
- Alka Parikh, “Risks in Agriculture: Farmers’ Perspective”, Springerbriefs, Springer, 2017.
- Alka Parikh, “Sector-wise Growth Pattern for India”, in Poverty, Inequality and Social Protection, ed: Swargesh Kumar, Published on behalf of Indian Economic Association, Shandilya Publications, New Delhi, 2018.
- Anshuman Agarwal, Mihir Joshi, Gauruv Singh, Vishal Ratwani, and Alka Parikh, “Indian Recession: A Quantitative Analysis”, Anvesak, Volume 47, Number 1 &2, January-December 2017.
- Alka Parikh, “Attaining Food Security: Experiments of 10 Asian Nations”, Gyan Publications, 2016.
- Principles of Economics to BTech students
- Systems, Policies and Implications to BTech and MSc students
- IT for Service Sector to MSc students