PhD (Electrical Engineering), Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- # 1111, FB-1, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India – 382007
Dr. Anjan K Ghosh has 35 years of research and teaching experience in the areas of optical information processing, optical communications and photonic sensors. He obtained his PhD in Electrical Eng. in 1984 from Carnegie-Mellon Univ., Pittsburgh and his MS from the SUNY at Stony Brook. He is an alumnus of IIT Kharagpur, India. At present, he is a Professor in DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, India. Dr. Ghosh was a member of technical staff in AT&T Bell Laboratories for 2 years. Then he served as a faculty member in the Univ. of Iowa, Iowa City, USA, IIT Kanpur, India, Nanyang Tech. Univ., Singapore, the University of Oklahoma, Tulsa, USA and DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, India. Dr. Ghosh has served as the Vice Chancellor of Tripura (Central) University in Agartala, Tripura, India for 5.5 years. He was the Head of the Dept. of Electrical Eng., Adv. Center for Electronic Sciences, Laser Tech. Program and the Center for Laser Tech., all at IIT Kanpur. He published over 160 papers in journals and conference proceedings and delivered several invited talks. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, a fellow of the IETE(India), IE (India), and the Optical Soc. of India and a member of SPIE, and OSA. He is also a member of the honor societies: Eta-Kappa-Nu and Sigma-Xi in USA.
SpecializationsOptical Communication - Fiber Optic and Free Space, Photonic Devices and Subsystems, Sensors, Image and Signal Processing, Nonlinear Systems and Chaos, System Dynamics Modelling of Education
- U Gogoi, M Bhowmik, D Bhattacharjee, and A Ghosh, “Singular Value based Characterization and Analysis of Thermal Patches for Early Breast Abnormality Detection”, Australasian Physical and Engineering Science in Medicine, Springer , pp. 1-19, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13246-018-0681-4.
- A. Datta, A. Ghosh and A. Mukherjee, “Characterization of Chaotic electro optic modulator with the help of Lypunov exponent and bifurcation analysis technique”, Materials Today: Proceedings, Vol. 5, pp. 20131-2039, 2018.
- T. Deb, A. Ghosh and A. Mukherjee, “Singular value decomposition applied to associative memory of Hopfield neural networks”, Materials Today: Proceedings, Vol. 5, pp. 2222-2228, 2018.
- M. Bhowmick, U. Gogoi, G. Majumdar, D. Bhattacharjee, S. Datta and A. Ghosh, “Designing of Ground Truth Annotated DBT-TU-JU Thermogram Database towards Early Abnormality Prediction” to appear in IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 2018. doi: 10.1109/JBHI 2017.2740500.
- D. Shah, D. Kothari and A. Ghosh, “Bit Error Rate Analysis of the K Channel using Wavelength Diversity”, Optical Engineering, Vol. 56, p. 056106, May 2017. doi: 10.1117/1.OE.56.5.056106.
- A. Ghosh and Anasmita Ghosh, “A few ways of reducing cheating in examinations in Indian colleges and universities”, University News, Vol. 55, No. 05, pp. 164-168, Jan. 30-Feb. 05, 2017.
- Optical Communication
- Optical Wireless Communication
- Basic Electronics
- Linear Algebra
- Random Variables and Processes