Arnab Kumar Ray
PhD (Physics), Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- # 2210, FB-2, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India – 382007
I hold a doctorate in astrophysical fluid dynamics. My research methods are theoretical in nature, with my present research interests being astrophysical accretion, fluid dynamics and nonlinear systems. I have publications in
peer-reviewed journals of astrophysics, gravitation, nonlinear dynamics, condensed matter physics, nuclear physics, complex systems and geophysics.
I also have research experience in the seismic processing industry. I have interest in designing curriculum and exploring new pedagogic approaches to aid the teaching-learning process.
SpecializationsAstrophysical Accretion, Fluid Dynamics, Nonlinear Systems
- Arnab K. Ray, Niladri Sarkar, Abhik Basu and Jayanta K. Bhattacharjee, A theoretical prediction of rotating waves in Type-I hydraulic jumps, Physics Letters A, 382, 3399, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physleta.2018.10.005
- Sourav Sen and Arnab K. Ray, Implications of nonlinearity for spherically symmetric accretion, Physical Review D, 89, 063004, 2014, DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.89.063004
- Nirupam Roy and Arnab K. Ray, Fractal features in accretion discs, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 397, 1374, 2009, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2966.2009.14827.x
- Arnab K. Ray and Jayanta K. Bhattacharjee, Standing and travelling waves in the shallow-water circular hydraulic jump, Physics Letters A, 371, 241, 2007, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physleta.2007.07.073
- Arnab K. Ray and J. K. Bhattacharjee, Large-scale properties in turbulent spherically symmetric accretion, The Astrophysical Journal, 627, 368, 2005, https://doi.org/10.1086/430197
- Arnab K. Ray, Viscosity in spherically symmetric accretion, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 344, 1085, 2003, https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-8711.2003.06992.x
- Computational and Numerical Methods
- Multidisciplinary Problem-Solving Techniques