PhD (Computational Plasma Physics), IPR, Gandhinagar
- # 2205, FB-2, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India – 382007
Bhaskar Chaudhury is currently an Associate Professor of Computational Science at DA-IICT, India. He completed his Ph.D. in Computational Physics at IPR, India in 2008. From 2008â€“2013, he worked as a researcher at LAPLACE Laboratory, CNRS, France. His research interests include Computational Science, High Performance Computing, Computational Plasma Physics, Computational Electromagnetics, GPU accelerated algorithms, Scientific Data analysis and Visualization, and applications of Machine Learning in Natural Sciences. He has published more than fifty research papers in reputed journals/conference proceedings and delivered various talks/presentations worldwide. Two of his important works in the area of Plasma Physics has been published in Physical Review Letters. He is a reviewer of various scientific/engineering journals and the recipient of several international/national awards in the area of Computational Science.
SpecializationsComputational Science, High Performance Computing, Data Science
- Bhaskar Chaudhury, Akshar Varma, Yashwant Keswani, Yashodhan Bhatnagar, Samarth Parikh; “Let’s HPC: A web-based platform to aid parallel, distributed and high performance computing education”;Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Elsevier, 118, 213-232, (2018). (doi.org/10.1016/j.jpdc.2018.03.001).
- Bhaskar Chaudhury, Anurag Gupta; Henil Shah; Saumya Bhadani ; “Accelerated Simulation of Microwave Breakdown in Gases on Xeon Phi based cluster- Application to Self-organized Plasma Pattern Formation” ;Computer Physics Communications, Elsevier , Computer Physics Communications 229, 20-35, 2018.
- Agam Shah, Yagnesh Chauhan, Prithvi Patel and Bhaskar Chaudhury; “Multivariate data visualization based investigation of projectiles in sports”; European Journal of Physics, IOP, 39 (4), 044001, (2018). (doi.org/10.1088/1361-6404/aab6da).
- Hardik Vyas and Bhaskar Chaudhury ; “Computational investigation of power efficient plasma based reconfigurable microstrip antenna”;IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, 12 (9), 1587-1593, (2018). (10.1049/iet-map.2017.0729).
- Minesh Poudel, Bhaskar Chaudhury, Kshitij Sharma, Pavel Y. Tabakov, Félix Mora-Camino; “GPU based computational simulation of aircraft evacuation: temporal and spatial analysis”;Transportation research Procedia, Elsevier, vol. 29, pp 356-365, (2018). (doi.org/10.1016/j.trpro.2018.02.032).
- LC Pitchford, LL Alves, K Bartschat, SF Biagi, MC Bordage, I Bray, CE Brion,MJ Brunger, L Campbell, A Chachereau, Bhaskar Chaudhury, LG Christophorou, E. Carbone, NA Dyatko, CM Franck, DV Fursa, RK Gangwar, V Guerra, P Haefliger, GJM Hagelaar, A Hoesl, Y Itikawa, IV Kochetov, RP McEachran, WL Morgan, AP Napartovich, V Puech, M Rabie,LSharma,R Srivastava, AD Stauffer, J Tennyson, J de Urquijo, J van Dijk, LA Viehland, MC Zammit, O Zatsarinny, S Pancheshnyi; “LXCat: an open-access, web-based platform for data needed for modeling low temperature plasmas”;Plasma Processes and Polymers, WILEY-VCH, 14, 1600098, (2017). Review article. (doi.org/10.1002/ppap.201600098).
- Jean Pierre Boeuf and Bhaskar Chaudhury ; “Rotating instabilities in low temperature magnetized plasmas”;Physical Review Letters (PRL), APS, vol. 111, Issue 15, 155005, (2013).(doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.111.155005).
- Jonathan Claustre, Bhaskar Chaudhury,Gwenael Fubiani, M. Paulin, Jean Pierre Boeuf ; “Particle-In-Cell Monte Carlo Collision model on GPU (Graphics Processing Units)-Application to a low temperature magnetized plasma”; IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, 41(2), 2013. (doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2012.2234402).
- Jean Pierre Boeuf, Bhaskar Chaudhury, Laurent Garrigues; “Physics of a magnetic filter for negative ion sources: I. Collisional transport across the filter in an ideal, 1D filter”;Physics of Plasmas, AIP,19, 113509 (2012).(doi.org/10.1063/1.4768676).
- Jean Pierre Boeuf, Jonathan Claustre, Bhaskar Chaudhary, Gwenael Fubiani; “Physics of a magnetic filter for negative ion sources: II. E X B drift through the filter in a real geometry”;Physics of Plasmas, AIP,19, 113510 (2012).(doi.org/10.1063/1.4768804).
- Bhaskar Chaudhury, Jean-Pierre Boeuf, Guo Qiang Zhu and Olivier Pascal ; “Physics and Modelling of Microwave Streamers at atmospheric pressure”; Journal of Applied Physics,AIP,110, 113306 (2011).(doi.org/10.1063/1.3665202).
- Guo Qiang Zhu, Jean-Pierre Boeuf and Bhaskar Chaudhury; “Ionization-diffusion plasma front propagation in a microwavefield”; Plasma Sources Science and Technology, IOP,20, 035007 (2011).(doi:10.1088/0963-0252/20/3/035007).
- Bhaskar Chaudhury, Jean-Pierre Boeuf and Guo Qiang Zhu ; “Pattern formation and propagation during microwave breakdown”; Physics of Plasmas,AIP,17, 123505, (2010).(doi.org/10.1063/1.3517177).
- Bhaskar Chaudhury and Jean-Pierre Boeuf; “Computational Studies of Filamentary Pattern Formation in a High Power Microwave Breakdown Generated Air Plasma”; IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 38, No 9, pp 2281-2288, (2010). (doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2010.2055893).
- Jean-Pierre Boeuf, Bhaskar Chaudhury, and GuoQiang Zhu; “Theory and modeling of self-organization and propagation of filamentary plasma arrays in microwave breakdown at atmospheric pressure”; Physical Review Letters (PRL), APS, vol 104, Issue 1, 015002, (2010). (doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.104.015002).
- Bhaskar Chaudhury and Shashank Chaturvedi; “Study and Optimization of Plasma-Based Radar Cross Section Reduction Using Three-Dimensional Computations”; IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 37, No 11, pp 2116-2127, (2009). (doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2009.2032331).
- Bhaskar Chaudhury, P. K. Chattopadhyay , Daniel Raju and Shashank Chaturvedi; “Transient analysis of creeping wave modes using 3-D FDTD simulation and SVD method”; IEEE Trans. on Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 57, Issue 3, p 754-759, (2009). (doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2009.2013435).
- Bhaskar Chaudhury, Shashank Chaturvedi; “Comparison of Wave Propagation Studies in plasma using 3-D FDTD and Ray Tracing method”; Physics of Plasmas, AIP, 13, 123302, (2006). (doi.org/10.1063/1.2397582).
- Bhaskar Chaudhury, Shashank Chaturvedi; “Three Dimensional Computation of Reduction in Radar Cross Section using Plasma Shielding”; IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 33, No 6, pp 2027-2034, (2005). (doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2005.860122).
- Computational Physics
- High Performance Computing
- Introduction to GPU Programming
- Accelerated Computing