Manjunath V. Joshi
PhD (Electrical Engineering), IIT Bombay
- # 1203, FB-1, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India – 382007
Manjunath V. Joshi received the B.E. degree from the University of Mysore, Mysore, India, and the M.Tech. and Ph.D. degrees from the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay), Mumbai, India. Currently, he is serving as a Professor with the Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar, India. He has been involved in active research in the areas of signal and Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Machine Learning and has several publications in quality journals and conferences. He has co-authored four books entitled Motion-Free Super Resolution (Springer, New York-2005), Digital Heritage Reconstruction using Super-resolution and Inpainting (Morgan and Claypool-2016), Regularization in Hyperspectral Unmixing (SPIE Press-2016) and the book entitled Multi-resolution Image Fusion in Remote Sensing (Cambridge University Press, UK-2019). So far nine PhD students have been graduated under his supervision. Dr. Joshi was a recipient of the Outstanding Researcher Award in Engineering Section by the Research Scholars Forum of IIT Bombay in 2005. He was also a recipient of the Best Ph.D. Thesis Award by Infineon India and the Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Award for the year 2006-2007 in the field of information technology constituted by the Government of Gujarat, India. He served as a Program Co-Chair for the 3rd ACCV Workshop on E-Heritage, 2014 held at Singapore. He was honoured with a plaque of appreciation on achieving excellence in teaching and research at DA-IICT on the occasion of Teacher’s Day 5th September 2015. Dr. Joshi has successfully conducted two Continuing Education Programs (CEPs) for scientists of ISRO, Ahmedabad during August 2012 and March 2016, respectively. He has also served as Visiting Professor at Gandhinar and IIIT Vadodara. He has visited Germany, Italy, France, Hong Kong, USA, Canada, South Korea, Indonesia and contributed to research in his area of expertise. For more information visit: http://intranet.daiict.ac.in/~mv_joshi/
SpecializationsSignal and Image Processing, Digital Communication, Computer Vision, Machine Learning
- Kamal Captain and Manjunath Joshi, “SNR Wall for Generalized Energy Detector in the presence of Noise Uncertainty and Fading,” Physical Communication (Elsevier)”, vol 32, Feb 2019
- Kamal Captain and Manjunath Joshi, “Performance improvement in wideband spectrum sensing under fading: Use of diversity”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol 66, March 2017
- R. C. Patel and M. V. Joshi, “Super-resolution of hyperspectral images: use of optimum wavelet filter coefficients and sparsity regularization”, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 53, April, 2015.
- K. P. Upla, M. V. Joshi, and P. P. Gajjar, “An edge preserving multiresolution fusion: use of contourlet transform and MRF prior”, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 53, June 2015.
- P. Gajjar and M. V. Joshi, “A New Learning Based Super-Resolution: Use of DWT and IGMRF Prior Model”, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol 19, May 2010
- Statistical Communication Theory
- Digital Communication
- Digital Signal Processing
- Computer Vision
- Topics in Deep Learning