PhD (Electrical Engineering), IIT Bombay
- # 1208, FB-1, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India – 382007
Vinay Palaparthy is working as the assistant professor in DA-IICT. He has received Ph.D degree from Indian institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay). He is awarded with DST INSPIRE Fellowship for pursing Ph.D degree from Department of Science and Technology (DST). During the course of his research, he has developed the soil moisture sensors and system for the in-situ agriculture applications. Micro/Nano soil moisture sensors are developed for the agriculture applications by using carbon nanomaterials like graphene oxide, graphene quantum dots. He is widely focused on identifying the issues and problem faced in Indian agriculture and provide an IT/ECE based solutions. He has around 2 years of research experience in the field of MEMS and System design. He has 6 international journals, 5 conference papers and 4 patent filed on his work. He has one best paper award in international journal. He is a co-recipient of Millennium Alliance award for the start-up name Proximal Soilsens Technologies Pvt. Ltd, where he is a co-founder and director.
SpecializationsMicro/Nano-Sensors, Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS), System Design
- V. S. Palaparthy, H. Kalita, Sandeep G Surya, M. Shojaei Baghini, M. Aslam, “Graphene oxide based soil moisture microsensor for in situ agriculture applications”, Elsevier Sensors And Actuators B: Chemical, 273, 2018, Pp 1660-1669.
- V. S. Palaparthy, Somenath Mondal, M. Shojaei Baghini, D. N. Singh, G. K. Ananthasuresh, “Effect of spatial variations and desiccation cracks on the DPHP and MPHP sensors”, Elsevier Sensors And Actuators A: Physical, 279, Pp 638-648, 2018.
- V. S. Palaparthy, M. Shojaei Baghini, D. N. Singh, “Compensation of Temperature Effects for In-situ Soil Moisture Measurement by DPHP Sensors”, Elsevier Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 141, 2017, Pp 73-80.
- H. Kalita, V. S. Palaparthy, M. Shojaei Baghini, M. Aslam “Graphene Quantum Dots Soil Moisture Sensor”, Elsevier Sensors And Actuators B: Chemical, 233 (5), 2016, pp. 582-590.
- N. Jorapur, V. S. Palaparthy, S. Sarik, J. John, M. Shojaei Baghini, G. K. Ananthasuresh, “A Low-power, Low-cost Soil-Moisture Sensor using Dual-probe Heat-pulse Technique”, Elsevier Sensors And Actuators A: Physical, 233, 2015, pp. 108-117 (Impact factor: 2.478)
- V. S. Palaparthy, M. Shojaei Baghini, D. N. Singh, “Review of Polymer-Based Sensors for Agriculture-Related Applications”, ICE Emerging Materials Research, 2(4), pp.166-180, 2013. (Impact factor: 0.313) (Richard Feynman Prize for the best paper, ICE (UK) Journal of Emerging Materials Research (2014))
- Introduction to MEMS