PhD (Electrical and Computer Engineering), National University of Singapore
- # 4201, FB-4, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India – 382007
- pankaj email@example.com
Pankaj Kumar received his Bachelor Technology degree in Electrical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India, and the M.Eng. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the National University of Singapore.
He worked as Associate Scientist and Scientist at the Institute of Infocomm Research, Singapore and Defence Science and Technology organization, Australia respectively. He has held faculty position at the University of Adelaide and the University of South Australia where is participated in research and teaching activities. His research interests include computer vision, image analysis, artificial intelligence, machine learning, behavior analysis, multi-camera tracking, plant image analysis and phenotyping and surveillance. His teaching activities include Computer Vision, Image processing, Digital signal processing, Signals and Systems, Engineering Mathematics, Computer Science Foundation, Data Analysis and Visualization etc.
SpecializationsMachine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Neural network, Computer Vision, Image Processing, Digital Signal Processing, Signals and Systems, Engineering Mathematics
- Joshua Chopin, Pankaj Kumar, Stanley J. Miklavcic, “Land-based crop phenotyping by image analysis: consistent canopy characterization from inconsistent field illumination” Plant Methods. 2018 May 26;14:39. doi: 10.1186/s13007-018-0308-5.
- Pankaj Kumar, and Stanley J. Miklavcic, “Analytical study of colour spaces for plant pixel detection”, Journal of Imaging 2018,Â 4(2), 42; Â https://doi.org/10.3390/jimaging4020042.
- Pankaj Kumar, Erica Belchamber, and Stanley J. Miklavcic, “Pre-processing by data augmentation for improved ellipse fitting”, PLoS ONE, May 15, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0196902
- Jin Hai Cai, Josh Choplin, Pankaj Kumar, and Stanley J. Miklavcic, “Land-based crop phenotyping by image analysis: accurate estimation of canopy height distributions using stereo images”, PLoS ONE May 24, 2018 https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0196671.
- Matheyarasu Raghupathi, Balaji Seshadri, Pankaj Kumar, Sonia Shilpi, Nanthi S Bolan, Ravi Naidu, “The Effect of Wastewater Irrigation Rate on Dry Matter Yield of Selected Field Crops” International Journal of Water and Wastewater Treatment, May 2017, volume 3, issue 3, pp 1-9.
- Kovalchuk Nataliya, Laga Hamid, Cai Jinhai, Kumar Pankaj, Parent Boris, Lu Zhi, Miklavcic Stanley J., Haefele Stephan M. (2016) Phenotyping of plants in competitive but controlled environments: a study of drought response in transgenic wheat. Functional Plant Biology. http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/FP16202
- Jinhai Cai, Zhanghui Zeng, Jason N. Connor, Chun Yuan Huang, Vanessa Melino, Pankaj Kumar, Stanley J. Miklavcic, “RootGraph: an image analysis and graphic optimization tool for the automated analysis of plant root systems”, doi: 10.1093/jxb/erv359 2015 . Journal of Experimental Botany.
- P. Kumar, Stanley J. Miklavcic, “Integrated Self Calibration of Single Axis Motion for 3D Reconstruction of Roots”, IET Computer Vision, December 2015, Volume 9, Issue 6, pp 850-856. DOI:Â 10.1049/iet-cvi.2014.0348
- P. Kumar, Chunyuan Huang, Jinhai Cai, Stan Miklavcic, “Root phenotyping by root tip detection and classification through statistical learning”, Plant and Soil journal, July 2014, Volume 380, Issue 1-2, pp 193-209. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11104-014-2071-3
- P. Kumar, A. Dick, “Adaptive earth movers distance-based Bayesian multi-target tracking”, IET Computer Vision, Volume 7, Issue 4, August 2013, p. 246 – 257.
- P. Kumar, S. Ranganath, K. Sengupta, H. Weimin, “Co-operative Multi-Target Tracking with Efficient Split and Merge Handling”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Vol. 16, No. 12, pp 1477-1490 December 2006. (40 citations)
- L. Y. Ren, P. Kumar, S. Ranganath, H. Weimin “Object Matching Across Multiple Non-overlapping Fields of View Using Fuzzy Logic”, ACTA AUTOMATICA SINICA Vol. 32, No. 6, pp 978-987, November, 2006.
- H. L. Wang, K. Sengupta, P. Kumar and R. Sharma, “Occlusion Handling in Augmented Reality Using Background Foreground Segmentation and Projective Geometry”, MIT Journal Presence: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments, Vol. 14,Â No. 3, pp. 264-277 June 2005.
- P. Kumar, S. Ranganath, H. Weimin, and K. Sengupta “A Framework for Real Time Behavior Interpretation from Traffic Video” IEEE Trans. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp 43-53, March 2005.
- Computer Vision
- Data Analysis and Visualization
- Image processing
- Digital Signal Processing