PhD (Communication Engineering), Queen's University Belfast, UK
- # 2202, FB-2, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India – 382007
Prof. Sanjeev Gupta is Dean (Research) since June 2016 after serving as Dean (Students) for five academic years (2011-2016) at DA-IICT. Currently, he is also a Member of Governing Council (as Additional Director) and Chairman, Executive Council of DCEI (DA-IICT Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation) – a Section 8 Company (under Companies Act 2013).
He has also previously held various important positions of academic responsibilities at DA-IICT like Convenor of Under Graduate Committee (UGC), Convenor of ICT Committee, Convenor of CEP Committee, Convenor of Disciplinary Action Committee, Convenor of Admissions Committee, Convenor of Electronics Hobby Centre (EHC) and Radio DA-IICT.
He is a member of Board of Governors of DA-IICT and other prominent institutes like GIRDA (Gujarat Industrial Research and Development Agency) and GEC (Government Engineering College), Gandhinagar. He is also a member of the Board of Studies (BOS) for SATCOM (Satellite Communications) Course conducted by Centre for Space Science and Technology Education in Asia and the Pacific (CSSTEAP – affiliated to the United Nations), IIRS Campus, Dehradun.
Prof. Sanjeev Gupta is a member of the Advisory Body/ Board of Studies/ Faculty of Doctoral Studies and Research/ External Expert in Faculty Selection/Promotion Committees, External PhD Thesis Examiners of various Research and Academic Institutes/Universities like SAC-ISRO, IPR, GTU, Nirma University, Charusat, Indus University, CU Shah University, LDRP Institute of Technology and Research, NMIMS (Mumbai), Manipal University, etc. He has earlier been a member of Board of Governors of IIIT Vadodara and an Adjunct Faculty for two academic years at IIT Gandhinagar.
After graduation and MTech from University of Delhi, he joined SAMEER, IIT Campus, Powai – an offshoot of TIFR, Mumbai. He was awarded Post-Graduate Scholarship (for pursuing MTech) by University of Delhi and prestigious Commonwealth Scholarship (for pursuing PhD) by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, London in 1994. Consequently he did his Ph.D. from The Queen’s University of Belfast, UK in 1997. His topic of research was Tracking Antenna Architectures for Wireless Communication Applications.
Prof. Sanjeev Gupta has around thirty two years of experience (including seventeen years of teaching experience) in the field of High Frequency Microwave and Millimeter Wave Electronics, Antennas, Radars and Communication and Wireless Sub-systems/Systems from VHF to millimeter wave frequencies. He has successfully completed many research projects sponsored by DRDO, Armament Research Board (Ministry of Defence), ISRO-Department of Space, DST and Indian Meteorological Department. He has successfully guided five PhD students and thirty MTech thesis students and currently guiding four PhD students.
He has authored and published/presented more than eighty publications in reputed National and International Journals and Conferences. He is the Editorial Board Member of various journals and a Reviewer for many reputed national/ international journals and conferences. He has also been the Organizing Committee Chair/Member of various conferences (in latest cutting-edge technologies) held in India and abroad.
SpecializationsCommunication and Radar Systems, Millimeter Wave Transceivers, Integrated Active Antennas, RF/Microwave/Wireless Applications
- Vineet Dad and Sanjeev Gupta, “Design and Performance Comparison of a Novel High Q Coaxial Resonator Filter and Compact Waveguide Filter for Millimeter Wave Payload Applications”, International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Wiley Publications Inc., accepted for publication in April 2019; to be published in Vol. 29 (DOI: 10.1002/ mmce. 21773), Impact factor:1.306, https://doi.org/10.1002/mmce.21773.
- Rahul Vashist, Deepak Ghodgaonkar and Sanjeev Gupta, “Permittivity and Permeability Measurements of CISR Sheets for Microwave Absorber Applications”, Proceedings of IEEE International RF and Microwave Conference (RFM-2018), Penang, Malaysia, December 17 – 19, 2018.
- Pankaj Chaudhary, D.K. Ghodgaonkar, Sanjeev Gupta and Abhishek Shukla, “Dual Band Circularly Polarized Dielectric Resonator Antenna using DSWPD with Phase Shifter for IRNSS”, Proceedings of IEEE International RF and Microwave Conference (RFM-2018), Penang, Malaysia, December 17 – 19, 2018.
- Rahul Vashist, Deepak Ghodgaonkar and Sanjeev Gupta, “Design and Fabrication of Broadband Microwave Absorber using FSS embedded in CISR sheets”, Proceedings of International Microwave and RF Conference (IMaRC-2018), Kolkata, November 28 – 30, 2018.
- Vineet Kumar Dad and Sanjeev Gupta, “Novel High Q Coaxial Resonator Filter for Millimeter Wave Application”, Proceedings of IEEE MTT-S International Microwave and RF Conference (IMaRC 2017), Ahmedabad, December 11-13, 2017.
- Milind Shah and Sanjeev Gupta, “Baseband I/Q Regeneration Method for Direct Conversion Receiver to Nullify Effect of Second Order Intermodulation Distortion”, Proceedings of IEEE MTT-S International Microwave and RF Conference (IMaRC 201), Ahmedabad, December 11-13, 2017.
- Pankaj Chaudhary, D.K.Ghodgaonkar, Sanjeev Gupta, G.D. Makwana, “Design of Compact Circularly Polarized Rectangular Dielectric Resonator Antenna with WBLC for Navigational Satellite Applications”, Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Antennas Innovation & Modern Technologies for Ground, Aircraft and Satellite Applications (IEEE iAIM-2017), Bangalore, November 24-26, 2017.
- Pankaj Chaudhary, D. K. Ghodgaonkar, Sanjeev Gupta and G. D. Makwana, “Design of Compact Circularly Polarized Rectangular Dielectric Resonator Antenna with Finite Ground Planes for Navigational Satellite Applications”, Proceedings of 10th International Conference of Antenna Test and Measurement Society (ATMS-2017), Hyderabad, pp. 221-225, February 7-8, 2017.
- Hardik Vyas, Bhaskar Chaudhary, Sanjeev Gupta, “Computational Investigation of Microstrip Antenna in Plasma Environment”, Proceedings of IEEE Applied Electromagnetics Conference (AEMC), IIT Guwahati, December 18-21, 2015.
- Wireless System Design
- Radio Frequency Engineering
- Antenna Theory
- Introduction to Communication Systems