PhD (Computer Science), Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta
- 079-68261584, 9824351727
- # 1210, FB-1, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India – 382007
Prof. Suman K. Mitra is a Professor and Dean of Academic Program at the Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar, India. Prof. Mitra obtained his Ph.D. from the Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India. Earlier to his current position, Prof. Mitra was with the Institute of Neural Computation at the University of California, San Diego, USA and with the Department of Mathematics at the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India. Prof. Mitra has more than 115 technical papers published in various prestigious National and International Journals and Conferences. He also has 2 US patents in his credit. Prof. Mitraâ€™s research interest includes image processing, pattern recognition and computational statistics. Currently, Prof. Mitra is serving International Journal of Image and Graphics (IJIG) and IET, Image Processing as an Associate Editor. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, member of ACM. He is also life member of ISCA and IUPRAI.
SpecializationsImage Processing, Pattern Recognition, Computational Statistics
- Purvi Koringa, Suman K. Mitra, “L1-Norm orthogonal neighbourhood preserving projection and its applications”, Pattern Analysis and Applications, Springer, Vol X, pp. XX-XX, 2019. [Available Online]
- Purvi Koringa, Suman K. Mitra, “ONPPn: Orthogonal neighbourhood preserving projection with normalization and its applications”, Image and Vision Computing, Elsevier, Vol 76, pp. 64-75, 2018.
- Prashant Domadiya, Pratik Shah, Suman K. Mitra, “Shadow-free, Expeditious and Precise, Moving Object Separation from video”, International Journal of Image and Grahics, World Scientific, Vol 18, No. 1, pp (20 pages), 2018.
- Sujata, Suman K. Mitra, “A modular approach for Facial Expression Recognition using HSoG”, Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Advances in Pattern Recognition (ICAPR 2017), pp. 257-262, 2018.
- Prashant Domadiya, Pratik Shah, Suman K. Mitra, “Vector Graph Representation for Deformation Transfer using Poisson Interpolation”, IEEE Winter Conference on Application of Computer Vision (WACV), pp. 876-884, 2018.
- Mukesh Goswami, Suman K. Mitra, “Printed Gujarati Character Classification using High-Level Strokes”, Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Computer Vision & Image Processing (CVIP 2017), pp. 197-209, 2018.
- Gitam Shikkenawis, Suman K. Mitra, “Variants of Locality Preserving Projection for Modular Face and Facial Expression Recognition”, In: B U. Shankar. et al. (eds) PReMI 2017, LNCS 10597, pp. 141 – 147, 2017.
- Ashish Phophalia, Suman K. Mitra, “3D MR image denoising using rough set and kernel PCA method”,
Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Vol 36, pp 135-145, 2017.
- Mukesh M. Goswami and Suman K. Mitra “Classification of Printed Gujarati Characters using Low-Level Stroke Features” ACM Transaction on Asian and Low Resource Language Information Processing (TALLIP), Vol 1, No. 4, Article 25, pp 1 – 26, 2016.
- Gitam Shikkenawis and Suman K Mitra, “2D Orthogonal Locality Preserving Projection for Image Denoising”, IEEE Transaction on Image Processing, 25(1), pp 262-273 (issn:1057-7149, doi: 10.1109/TIP.2015.2501753), 2016.
- Gitam Shikkenawis and Suman K Mitra, “On some variants of locality preserving projection”, Nuerocomputing, (spl. Issue on visual big data), 173(2016), pp 196-211 (issn:0925-2312, doi: 10.1016/j.neucom.2015.01.100), 2016.
- Gitam Shikkenawis, Suman K Mitra and Ajit Rajwade, “Image denoising using orthogonal locality preserving projection”, Journal of Electronic Imaging, 24 (4), p.043018 ( doi: 10.1117/1.JEI.24.4.043018), 2015.
- Probability and Random Variable
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning