PhD (Anthropology), University of Chicago, USA
- # 2105, FB-2, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India – 382007
SpecializationsMaterial Culture, Design and Communication Culture, Visual Anthropology, Anthropology of Space, Rituals and History with specific reference to Colonialism South East Asia
- “Movement and Space: Andamanese Cartography” In American Ethnologist.17 (4) pp775-797
- Above the Forest; A Study of Andamanese Ethnoanemology, Cosmology and the Power of Ritual. Oxford University Press. New Delhi.(ISBN 019562971x)
- “Time to move: winds and the political economy of space in Andamanese culture” Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute. (NS) Special Issue S91-S104 April pp; 591-604.
- In the Forest: Visual and Material Worlds of Andamanese History (1858-2003). Marryland: University Press of America.
- ‘Through lens and Text- Constructions of a “Stone Age” Tribe in the Andaman Islands’ In History Workshop Journal. Spring Issue 67. Pp 173- 193 (Oxford University Journals)
- Integrated Histories of the Andaman Islands. (co-edited with C.Anderson and M.Mazumdar) Cambridge University Press, UK
- Approaches to Indian Society
- Culture and Communication
- Ethnographic: Methods
- Research Narratives