Admission to the UG Programs for the academic year 2023-24 is closed.
Due to several requests, the last date of submission of online admission application form has been extended till 30th June 2023. Please note this is the final online application form submission deadline.
- Important Dates
- Program Structure
- Placement Statistics
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Criteria
- Fee Structure*
- How to Apply
- Admission Procedures
- Post-Admission Procedures
- For Inquiries
- Important Notes
|Filling of online Application Forms Commences on||19 April 2023|
|Last date for receiving completed Application Form||30 June 2023|
|Result Announcement||05 July 2023|
|Registration and document verification at DA-IICT campus for confirmed candidates||08 August 2023|
|Orientation Program commences||10-11 August 2023|
|Commencement of classes||14 August 2023|
The Orientation schedule can be found: here
Number of seats: 62
- B.Tech. Information and Communication Technology (ICT) – 37
- B.Tech. (Honours) in ICT with minor in Computational Science – 13
- B.Tech. Mathematics and Computing – 07
- B.Tech. Electronics and VLSI Design – 05
Information & Communication Technology (ICT) embodies the convergence of Computer and Communication systems and has obtained wide acceptance as a distinct discipline. ICT is considered to be a discipline dealing with accessing, storage, processing, transmission, reception and display of information, primarily using digital systems and techniques. The curriculum in the B.Tech. (ICT) program tries to address the optimized convergence of existing Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) as well as Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) disciplines by identifying the broad areas of performance capabilities. It is also expected that B.Tech. (ICT) graduates would enjoy a special niche only if they have certain performance capabilities not found in conventional CSE and/or ECE graduates. For details of the program click here.
Computational Science is concerned with constructing mathematical models, simulating and quantitative analysis techniques, and using computers to analyze and solve scientific problems with applications in engineering and social sciences. In Computational Science, unlike the traditional theoretical and experimental approaches, scientists and engineers gain understanding mainly through the analysis of mathematical models implemented on computers. Typically, these models require massive amounts of calculations and are often executed on high performance computing backbone consisting of supercomputers or distributed computing or several inter-connected clusters of workstations and personal computers. The curriculum in B.Tech. (Honours) in ICT with minor in Computational Science aims to provide expertise to the students in techniques involved in modelling and simulation of complex and large scale systems, implementation on computers through parallel and high performance computing techniques and finally analysis and visualization of these large scale data sets. Further details of the program are available here
To complete the B.Tech. (Honours) in ICT with minor in Computational Science Program successfully, the students have to take additional 18-24 credits worth of courses besides the usual ICT courses. The student must obtain a minimum CPI of 6.5 after completion of third Semester to continue in the program failing which she/he will be moved to the B.Tech. (ICT) Program. The students who have obtained a CPI of 7.5 and above may apply at the end of the third Semester for transfer to the B.Tech. (Computational Science) Program and the transfer will be granted only subject to availability of seats and in descending order from the highest CPI obtained.
Mathematics and Computing (MnC) is a fusion of Mathematics and Computer Science that has obtained wide acceptance as a distinct discipline over the past few years. It arises out of dealing with Mathematics as a fundamental tool in computing and with Computing as a primary component of mathematical problem solving. The program has been specially designed to meet the increasing needs of professionals who would be able to respond to the convergence between mathematical and computational problem solving.
The program aims at expanding the mathematical, algorithmic and computational thinking of students and at providing sufficient and solid foundation for skill development in MnC. A strong mathematical foundation would enable the study and analysis of abstract concepts and to model many real life problems mathematically, algorithmic thinking would provide ways to solve these mathematical problems in an automated way and computational thinking would allow for evaluating the efficiency of these solutions. The program aims to provide exposure to the students who wish to build a professional career in MnC, working at the cutting edge of technology, research and development. On successful completion of the program, the students would have acquired essential theoretical, technical and practical knowledge for solving real-world problems, and will have the ability to demonstrate excellent analytical, logical and problem solving skills. The students would have also acquired social and ethical attributes that would enable them in applying their skills for societal needs with effective communication both orally and in writing. For details of the program click here
The program brochure can be found here.
Electronics and VLSI Design (EVD)
Semiconductor Integrated Circuit (IC), also called microchip, or chip is in which thousands or millions of tiny resistors, capacitors, diodes and transistors are fabricated and connected together. The IC can function as an amplifier, oscillator, timer, counter, microprocessor or microcontroller and is the backbone of modern electronics and computing. The field of Electronics and Very Large Scale Integrated Circuits (VLSI) Design embodies many of the key skills relating to IC design and electronic systems engineering and involves the development of embedded computers found in innumerable modern products. Electronics and VLSI Design (EVD) engineers design hardware and software, integrating digital and analogue electronics, circuit theory, networks and programming. These engineers design everything from portable consumer electronics to advanced computer systems, creating the next generation electronic systems. EVD Engineering students focus on developing circuits and systems, specifically embedded computers that we find in almost every system ranging from trains, airplanes, rockets, radar systems, drones, modern medical equipment and cell phones. They refine their skills to formulate, design, and implement real-time embedded systems for the industry. Our B.Tech. in EVD degree is a cutting edge course, allowing the students to choose from a wide range of modules based on digital and analogue integrated circuit designs. This is an interdisciplinary program, allowing students to take various courses and two separate pathways specializing in Electronic System Design or VLSI Design.
For more details of the program, click
The program brochure can be found here.
B.Tech. (UG) 2019-23 Batch
Highest Package: 82.00 LPA
Median Salary: 20.25 LPA
*Updated till 01st March 2023
Eligibility for applying under Direct Admission of Foreign and NRI Students (DAFS) category
For the purpose of admissions into the B.Tech. programs, the following categories of applicants will be considered as Non-Resident Indians:
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card holders.
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) Card Holders
- Certificates of Non Resident Indian issued by the Indian Embassy/Indian Consulate of the Country where the Non Resident Indian is residing.
- Passport of an applicant indicating his status as 'Non Resident Indian.
- Persons who have studied outside India and have passed either 10th or 12th standard (or must be appearing for the examination in the year of admission) or equivalent from any system of education subject to the eligibility criteria stipulated below.
- Either of the parent of the applicant residing abroad and submits documentary proof that he/she is a Non Resident Indian (e.g., NRI bank account in India or letter from the Indian Embassy/Consulate). The NRI status should be valid until 1st August of the year of admission.
Foreign Nationals (FN): A person having citizenship of a foreign country (citizens other than India) and not having the status of “NRI”.
1. Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01 October 1998 are eligible to apply. The date of birth as recorded in the 10th or 12th standard certificate, issued by the Board/Examination Authority will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of admission/counseling.
2. Candidates must have passed or must be appearing in the year of application the qualifying examination, i.e., XII standard or equivalent from any system of education as recognized by the Association of Indian University (AIU), New Delhi in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Computer Science/Biotechnology/ Biology and must have secured a minimum GPA of 6 on a 10-point scale, if grades are awarded. In case marks are awarded, candidates must have secured minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Computer Science /Biotechnology/Biology of the qualifying examination.
3. Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in the year of admission will be considered for provisional admission based on the submission of transcripts of their 11th standard and the first semester of their 12th standard (if issued) duly certified by their school authorities. All such candidates will be required to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination (XII standard or equivalent) latest by 30th October 2023 failing which the admission will stand cancelled.
Admission will be granted based on meeting eligibility criteria as mentioned in point (a) along with at least one point mentioned in point (b).
(a) Those who meet the eligibility criteria as pronounced above in Sl. No. 1 to 3.
(b) Those who have secured in their X and XII Board final examinations separately an aggregate minimum GPA of 7 on a 10-point scale or 70% aggregate minimum marks in Physics and Mathematics. (If XII final examination is not conducted by the Board, the score of final examination conducted by the School will be accepted)
SAT Subject Tests score (formerly SAT II) of Physics and Mathematics with minimum score of 1060.
All India Rank of Joint Entrance Examination 2023 (JEE-2023) Main conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), Government of India with a minimum score of 75 percentile.
|Tuition fee||US $5,000 per semester|
|Registration Fee||US $100 per semester|
|Examination and Semester Grade Report Charges||US $50 (one time)|
|Caution Deposit||US $1,000 (Refundable at the end of the Program)|
|Hostel Rent||US $500 per semester|
|Food||As per actual, as charged by the canteen/cafeteria. (These expenses will be approximately US $80 per month)|
On accepting admission, an amount of US $ 6,000 or its equivalent amount in Indian rupees at the time of payment (US$ 5,000 towards Tuition Fee for the First Semester, $ 1,000 as Caution Deposit) and at the time of registration US $ 600 (Registration Fee US$ 100 and Hostel Rent US$ 500) is payable. The fees can be paid in Indian rupees by mail transfer (details are provided below) or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of ‘DA-IICT’ payable at Ahmedabad at the exchange rate prevailing on the date of drawing the Draft. The last date for paying this fee will be notified to the candidate in the admission offer. If a candidate accepts the admission by paying the above amount but does not join, then only the caution deposit will be refunded. Subsequently, fees are charged semester-wise, with the registration at the beginning of each semester.
For B.Tech. (EVD)
Value Added Course Fee:
A value added course - SHILP (on Device Fabrication and Characterization) with CEERI Pilani is scheduled in Summer Break after the 2nd semester for B.Tech. (EVD) students. The fee for this value added course is $200 and to be paid along with the 2nd semester tuition fee.
Additional value added courses if organized by the institute, the details about the corresponding course and fee will be intimated to the students well in advance.
*Subject to revision
DA-IICT Direct Admission of Foreign and NRI Students (DAFS) Merit Scholarship
The students admitted to the program will be eligible for Merit Scholarships of Rs. 70,000/- per semester. The minimum eligibility for award of Scholarship is an SPI score of 7/10 and above. Based on this eligibility criterion, the Merit Scholarships would be offered to five students from the list of students eligible for Merit Scholarship in each semester. The award of Scholarship is effective from the academic year 2022-23.
Students are encouraged to apply for different other scholarships as follows:
- Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children: Website
- Please submit online application forms by clicking on the link given below. You will be required to register first and select the appropriate category (Indian/NRI/FN) of applicant before proceeding further.
- For NRI/FN category, application fee (non-refundable) of US$ 150 separately as per following group/programs:
- B.Tech. (ICT) and B.Tech. (Honours) in ICT with minors in CS
- B.Tech. (MnC)
- B.Tech. (EVD)
- There is a provision on application portal to apply for multiple programs by adding respective program(s)
- NRI candidates can also apply under Indian category subject to meeting eligibility criteria of the category. However, the candidate must select Application Category as “NRI” at the time of registration.
- If the foreign national student’s application for admission is approved by the ISC, the candidate would be issued a provisional admission letter in due course for getting the student VISA to India. It is the responsibility of the candidate to secure the student VISA and have it endorsed to the Institute. It is also the responsibility of the candidate to obtain all other government clearances as applicable from time to time. However, the ISC through the Executive Registrar’s office will guide the candidate regarding the applicable requirements. NRIs, OCI and PIO card holders do not require VISA.
- On accepting admission, an amount of US $ 6,000 or its equivalent amount in Indian Rupees at the time of payment ($ 5,000 towards Tuition Fee for the First Semester, and $ 1,000 towards Caution Deposit) is to be paid either through Bank Transfer or through Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of DA-IICT, Gandhinagar payable by a US bank. The DD should be issued by a first class bank. DDs issued by Exchange Companies/Private Bankers will not be accepted. The last date for paying this amount will be notified to the candidate in the admission offer. If a candidate accepts the admission by paying the above amount but does not join, then only the caution deposit will be refunded. The Institute reserves the right to revise the fee and the payment structure as may be decided by it from time to time.
- Admission Formalities: The candidate must report to the Institute by the designated dates for completion of admission formalities, inclusive of registration, payment of registration fee and Hostel Charges.
- Document Verification: The candidate must submit the following original documents for verification at the time of reporting.
- Passport with Valid VISA (foreign national only).
- OCI/ POI Card.
- Certificate of Non Resident Indian Status issued by The Indian Embassy/Consulate or a passport of Applicant indicating her/his status as Non Resident Indian.
- Copies of any other documents from government authorities regarding the status of the international student.
- Degree / Pass certificate of qualifying examination(s).
- All mark lists / grade reports of qualifying examination(s) (Semester-wise) and score cards of SAT/JEE test.
- Letter from local guardian (if available).
- Contact details of person to be informed in case of emergency.
- Information about allergies, necessity of regular medication or any other physical or mental health issues. (It is recommended that students who are on medication must carry on their person a one week supply of medication).
- For Exchange Students: Letter from the concerned authority at the home institution.
Note: The original certificates will be returned to the students immediately after making necessary endorsements.
- Medical Examination: Undergo medical examination and obtain a medical fitness certificate. As per the Government of India rules, all persons entering India on student VISA have to undergo a medical examination as prescribed by the Government of India. ISC through the Executive Registrar’s office would coordinate and facilitate the medical examination of international students through the institute’s facilities; the cost would be borne by the student. The result of the medical test would be communicated to the ISC and placed in the student file after consulting the Medical Officer of the Institute. Admission may be denied on health grounds at the discretion of DA-IICT on the advice of the Medical Officer of the Institute.
- Health Insurance: The Institute will arrange medical insurance for all students admitted including international students on payment of a modest premium. The international students, particularly foreign nationals, have an option to take international medical insurance from their country of origin. In this case, they must submit a copy of the policy to the Executive Registrar’s office on the date of registration. The premium for the health insurance will be borne by the student.
- Police Registration: Foreign national students are required to register with the local police authorities within a week of arrival. The Executive Registrar’s office will provide assistance for the same.
- Hostel Accommodation: The B. Tech Programs are residential. All students admitted to the B. Tech program must compulsorily reside on campus. The fees charged would be as per the rules in force. For International Exchange Students, hostel accommodation would be provided as per the terms of the MoU under which the exchange program is implemented. The fees charged would be as specified in the MoU or exchange agreement.
Note: The candidates admitted under NRI/Foreign Student category must continue within this category throughout their studies and are not eligible to switch over to the other categories of admission.
International Students’ Cell
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology
Near Indroda Circle
Gandhinagar – 382 007, Gujarat, India.
Voice call helpline: (+91) 8488876445 (Only for NRI/ Foreign national category candidates)
Support Ticket: Click here
The information on admissions 2023 provided are to inform the prospective candidates about the programs and activities of DA-IICT and are subject to change from time to time.
The candidates will be bound by the rules and regulations of the Institute as applicable during their course of study at DA-IICT. Students who have failed to achieve the minimum required academic performance at the end of second or fourth semester shall be discontinued from the Institute. Disputes, if any, relating to admission shall be subject to Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India jurisdiction only