DA-IICT has played a pioneering role in developing innovative undergraduate programs in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in India since 2001. The pedagogy of ICT discipline should make a well-integration of Information Technology, Communication Technology, Electronics Engineering and Social Sciences courses with a solid grounding in Mathematics and Science, Humanities and Social Sciences, which a student cannot be trained in conventional Computer Science & Engineering or Electronics and Communication Engineering alone.
In recent times, the institute has introduce another undergraduate program in Mathematics and Computing (MnC) that provides a strong foundation in Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science followed by interdisciplinary electives and project works in industry relevant areas.
The institute offers three undergraduate programs, Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.), a four-year (eight semesters) of duration, leading to the degrees of
1. Bachelor of Technology in Information and Communication Technology – B.Tech. (ICT)
2. Bachelor of Technology (Honours) in ICT with minor in Computational Science – B.Tech. (Honours) in ICT with minor in Computational Science
3. Bachelor of Technology in Mathematics and Computing – B.Tech. (MnC)
The curricula in all our undergraduate programs are structured with foundational courses, elective courses in different kinds and internships/project work. The institute sees itself as a civic institution deeply committed to seeing its students as responsible citizens. Its social sciences courses, its variety of internships are designed to increase social commitment and competence as citizens understanding the nature of societal and organizational needs.
(1) A two-year M.Tech. program in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) with specializations in (a) Machine Learning, (b) Software Systems and (c) VLSI and Embedded systems.
(2) A two-year M.Tech. program in Electronics and Communication (EC) with a specialization in Wireless Communication and Signal Processing. This course is offered in collaboration with C. R. Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science (C. R. Rao AIMSCS), University of Hyderabad.
(3) a two-year M.Sc. program in Information Technology (IT).
(4) a two-year M.Sc. program in Agriculture Analytics (AA).
(5) a two-year M.Sc. program in Data Science (DS).
(6) a two-year M.Des. program in Communication Design (CD).
In addition, DA-IICT actively collaborates with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Jammu in the latter’s two-year M.Tech. program in Computer-Science Engineering (CSE) with specializations in (a) Data Science and (b) Information Security.
The details of the admissions process for the above stated programs can be found here
Financial assistance/Stipend is provided to a majority of the M.Tech. (ICT) students in the form of Teaching Assistants. The details of pedagogy, curriculum, courses and related things can be found in the respective program pages.
DA-IICT offers an intense Doctoral of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program in ICT and allied disciplines, Mathematical and Computational Sciences and Humanities and Social Sciences. Admission to the Ph.D. program is possible through two channels:
(1) Ph.D. (Regular)
(2) Ph.D. (Rolling)
The details of the admissions process for the above two channels can be found here
Financial assistance is provided to all Ph.D. (Regular) students who have enrolled as full-time students in the form of Teaching Assistants. The details of pedagogy, curriculum, courses and related things can be found in the Ph.D. Program page as given under: