Faculty Positions in Computer Science and Engineering
DAIICT is a leading private University recognized for its academic and research excellence. It offers programs at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, as well as a doctoral program in ICT and allied disciplines. The postgraduate programs offered include M.Tech (ICT), M.Tech (EC), MSc (IT) and MSc (Data Science). For a list of undergraduate programs offered, please visit https://www.daiict.ac.in/programs-of-study The Institute has plans to introduce a B.Tech program in Data Science and Engineering and related areas in the near future.
The Institute is looking to hire faculty to strengthen our teaching and research activities in the following areas of Computer Science:
- Systems and Networking: Virtualization, Parallel and Distributed Systems, High-Performance Computing, Software Defined Networking, Cloud Computing, Cyber-physical Systems, and Internet of Things
- Human Computer Interaction: Mobile and Wearable Computing, Social Computing, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Multimedia, Interfaces, Game Design, Computer Graphics
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Computer Vision, Adversarial ML, Reinforcement Learning, Federated Learning, Quantum Machine Learning, Virtual Agents, AI-Optimized Hardware, and Robotics
- Security, Privacy and Cryptography: Web Security, Network Intrusion, IOT Security, Software Security, Cryptographic primitives, Cryptanalysis, Security of Critical Infrastructures, Data privacy-preserving techniques
- Data Science and Engineering: Data Mining, Data Visualization, Big Data Analysis, Data Warehousing, Social Network Analysis, Natural Language Processing, Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Spatio-temporal Modeling of Large Data
- Software Engineering and Databases: Software Testing, Software Architecture, Software Modeling and Specification, Software Usability, Distributed Databases, Query Optimization, etc.
- Algorithms, Theory and Programming Languages: Parallel algorithms, Complexity Theory, Quantum Computing, Compiler Optimization, Semantics, Program Analysis, Program Transformation
The Institute has a vibrant research culture and encourages faculty members to create impact via scholarly publications, research grants, industrial consultancy and collaborations with social sector organizations. The faculty members have been awarded funding by various government agencies such as DST, MeitY, Dept. of Space and ICSSR to carry out sponsored research projects, including collaborative projects with academic institutions in India and abroad. The M.Tech program has multiple streams and allows long duration projects and thesis research. The Institute provides assistantships to all full-time PhD scholars and M.Tech students. To learn more about the faculty profiles, please visit https://www.daiict.ac.in/faculty.
The Institute is seeking candidates with a PhD in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline from a top institution in India or abroad. Those candidates who have submitted their PhD theses and are waiting for the defense are also encouraged to apply. A successful candidate should have a good research and publication track record, and should be able to provide quality teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Compensation and Research Funding
The Institute provides a compensation of Rs. 14.5 lakh/year (CTI) for a starting Assistant Professor. Candidates with exceptional research credentials may be offered a higher starting compensation. All new faculty members are eligible for a seed grant for research. They are encouraged to guide project/thesis students, participate in collaborative projects, and propose the setting up of research laboratories. The Institute encourages publications in top-tier conferences in the relevant disciplines. It provides financial support to faculty members for conference travel and professional society memberships.
To apply, please submit an online application via the portal https://www.daiict.ac.in/recruitment Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the Institute for a research seminar and interview. A teaching presentation is required as part of the interview. For the shortlisted candidates who are located overseas, the seminar and interview will be held in online mode.