Faculty Positions in Electronics and Communications
DAIICT is a leading private University recognized for its academic and research excellence. It offers programs at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, as well as a doctoral program in ICT and allied disciplines. The postgraduate programs offered include M.Tech (ICT), M.Tech (EC), MSc (IT) and MSc (Data Science). For a list of undergraduate programs offered, please visit https://www.daiict.ac.in/programs-of-study The Institute has plans to introduce a B.Tech program in VLSI design in the near future.
The Institute is looking to hire faculty to strengthen our teaching and research activities in the following areas of ECE:
- Electronic Circuits and Systems: Semiconductor devices, Device physics, CAD, RF Circuits & Systems, Lower Power VLSI, Testing & Verification, 3D ICs, Analog Mixed-mode IC Design, Computational Electromagnetics, RF and Microwaves, Power Electronics, etc.
- Communications/Networks: Wireless & Space Communication and Networks, Applications to transportation, Energy Grids and Next Generation Networking, Information & Coding Theory, Network Optimization, Optical Networks and Communications, Photonics, etc.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Computer Vision, Multimedia Systems, Image Compression & Processing, Bio-Medical Imaging and Applications, Optical Imaging, Applications of Signal Processing to AI/ML, etc.
- Embedded Systems: Energy Sensing, Sensors, IoT, Power Electronics, Edge Computing, Cryptographic hardware, Side-channel attacks, etc.
- Robotics and Controls: Autonomous Systems, Human-robot Interaction, Perception-based Controls and Robotics, Drones, Multi-agent Systems, Intelligent Control Systems, AI-based Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Cyber-physical Systems, etc.
The Institute has a vibrant research culture and encourages faculty members to create impact via scholarly publications, research grants, industrial consultancy and collaborations with social sector organizations. The faculty members have been awarded funding by various government agencies such as DST, MeitY, Dept. of Space and ICSSR to carry out sponsored research projects, including collaborative projects with academic institutions in India and abroad. The M.Tech program has multiple streams and allows long duration projects and thesis research. The Institute provides assistantship to all full-time PhD scholars and M.Tech students. To learn more about the faculty profiles, please visit https://www.daiict.ac.in/faculty.
The Institute is seeking candidates with a PhD in Electronics, Communication Engineering, or a related discipline from a top institution in India or abroad. Those candidates who have submitted their PhD theses and are waiting for the defense are also encouraged to apply. A successful candidate should have a good research and publication track record, and should be able to provide quality teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Compensation and Research Funding
The Institute provides a compensation commensurate with the experience. Candidates with exceptional research credentials may be offered a higher starting compensation. All new faculty members are eligible for a seed grant for research. They are encouraged to guide project/thesis students, participate in collaborative projects, and propose the setting up of research laboratories. The Institute encourages publications in top-tier conferences in the relevant disciplines. It provides financial support to faculty members for conference travel and professional society memberships.
To apply, please submit an online application via the portal https://www.daiict.ac.in/recruitment Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the Institute for a research seminar and interview. A teaching presentation is required as part of the interview. For the shortlisted candidates who are located overseas, the seminar and interview will be held in online mode.